Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Some things never change…

 

For as far back as I can remember, I have lost things. Everything. Anything that is important to me, I misplace it. My mom has always been the one to find my misplaced things. Shoes before school, keys before work, hairbrush before church. The list goes on. Now, at the age of 26, it continues. My chica even knows when I am walking around the house looking for something. She says “where is your phone? Are you looking for your phone?” and so on. She helps me look.. tricking me by saying “I FOUND IT” and bringing me a sticker or something completely different that what I am looking for. My husband knows I misplace things because half of our marriage he has spent searching the house high and low for whatever it is that I have already looked for. It usually is in a place I already looked. Usually in a place that I usually put it in. Some of the time it is in a place and I deny putting it there because I have no reason or answer to why or how it got there. In December I misplaced my ipad, favorite baggy shirt, an awesome gift card, my favorite chap stick, favorite pair of earrings, wallet, id, check book, and memory card for my camera. (All important things to only me)

In the middle of December I realized I lost my ipad. I knew I had not seen it for a week or so but never looked for it. Putting it off because looking for it means all hope of it being somewhere would go out the window when I couldn’t find it. Then, I decided to take a look. I was no where to be found. Zak looked for it. We made it a priority one Friday night, still, never found it. I back tracked.. Pinned down the last time I used it, the last place I had it. I usually can do this when I am missing something. I always know the last time I had it in my possession. Anyways, I got online and saw that the last purchase was November 23rd (yes, my birthday) and it confirmed the last time I used it. Exactly when I remember having it! The last thing I purchased was the last game Mady and I played on it while laying in my bed one afternoon.

I don’t take my ipad anywhere. I do not have 3G on it, therefore I can not get internet anywhere. I don’t take it to school, to friends house, or to my car. IT HAD TO BE IN THE HOUSE. I did have a friend come over one night and he brought a guy I didn’t know. It was the same weekend I thought it went missing. The weekend after our birthday weekend. I didn’t want to accuse anyone so I started be “Spy T” . after getting of facebook, finding the kid that was at my house, I saw no reason to believe that he stole it. No mention of an ipad, no picture with an ipad, and no post from an ipad. My email and itunes account all stayed the same. No red flags that another person had it. We looked some more, and then gave up. I told Zak we would find it when we move… (we have no plans of moving until I finish school.. in other words.. not for another 2 years) I knew it would turn up.. but it still sucked not having it. … And, time went on..  Life went on..

This past weekend, Jan 8th, Zak and I decided to clean house. He takes the kitchen, I got the living room. I had already taken down all the Christmas décor except the tree.. I removed the ornaments, then the star, and then the skirt. As I pulled the skirt out from some presents still sitting under the tree as if I am a magician pulling the table cloth out from under the plates and cups on a table.. and yes K, S, L, J, J.. we still need to do Christmas!  I look down as the skirt comes out from under the presents and BAM.. there it is.. my ipad! MY IPAD.. MY IPAD MY IPAD MY IPAD!! Christmas Present! YAY!!

To say the least, I was kind of happy about it..

now, if only I could find everything else I am missing!!

Earrings…check
Wallet…check
Id…check
Memory card..check
Checkbook…check

FAVORITE BAGGY SHIRT….. WHERE ARE YOU AT?!?! I NEED YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment