Monday, January 23, 2012

I’m still hungry

 

All I hear, every day, is I’m still hungry. How much can one child eat? I mean geez.. she is only 42 inches tall, she weighs only 43 pounds, she is only 4 years old. She eats like a cave man who isn’t sure if the next meal will be on the table.

For example: This is typical of what she eats ever morning..

Breakfast usually consist of: 2 bowls of cereal (her bowls are not the size of adult bowls) 6 to 12 grapes, a cuties orange, green peppers, and some cheese. Followed by, IM STILL HUNGRY

DSCN0448

Breakfast this morning; 5 mini pancakes, 1 whole grain normal size pancake, full sized organic carrot, half a grapefruit, strawberries, and peanut butter toast.

Lunches mac and cheese, 12ish grapes, 10ish olives, yogurt. FOLLOWED BY CAN I HAVE A SNACK CAUSE IM STILL HUNGRY

DSCN0450

Now, she is not over eating so don’t worry. When she is full, she is full. She wont eat another bite and I don’t make her. I am not a mom that makes her finish the food on her plate. If she doesn’t eat it, I save it until she is hungry again. This technique (I like to call it) keeps her from saying she is hungry just to get something other than what is on her plate. I don’t believe in making a child to eat the food on her plate because a child's stomach knows when it is full. By forcing a child to eat with they are full, it causes them to loose the since of being full, which is then followed by….. yes you got it….. being over weight.

Some days she eats like a bottomless pit, all day long.. Other days she doesn’t eat much at all. She eats healthy though (other than the yummy cereal pbjs) We do not have little debbies in my house, we do not have chips in my house, if we are out at a restaurant.. she does not order french fries (with me or Zak at least)

She loves fruit, she loves cheese, she loves peppers..

I usually cut them in slices but she has decided she likes them whole.

DSC_5581DSC_5586

No comments:

Post a Comment