Monday, January 2, 2012

some odd years young

 

It is funny how people come into your life. In ways that you have no control over, no questions to be asked, and like it was meant to be. I am lucky because my friends bring friends into my life.

Kristen {the BFF} had Pax {the Goddaughter} and when a baby enters a person’s life {when Pax came into my BFF’s life which made her enter into my life} People come along with that baby. Family of the baby. There is always a father to the baby {or mother} and then there are Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and sometimes brothers and sisters.

Because of Kristen, I have Pax.. Because of Pax, I have Ryan. Ryan is the sister of Paxston’s father. In other words, she is Paxston’s Aunt. Over the past 3 1/2 years, Ryan and I have become friends. I would say she is one of my very good friends. I love her company, I love our conversations, I love love her style! She is so fun and crafty, so sweet and pretty, and most of all she is a wonderful friend and Aunt.

Have you ever been thankful that a person is in another person’s life besides your own life. This is where I fall with Ryan. I am very thankful to have her in my life, but I am more thankful to have her in Kristen’s life. Kristen needs her in so many ways. In ways I can’t explain on the world wide web. Lets just say, Ryan gives her balance. Happiness. and Love.  Paxston needs Ryan just as every child needs an Aunt or Uncle of some kind. (blood or not) Support, understanding, tons of love, kindness, honesty, joy, giving, and humor.. These are all things that Ryan brings to Kristen life, Paxston’s life, and my life.

The past year has not been entirely full of happiness for Ryan. Things just couldn’t seem to go up for her. Don’t get me wrong, she has things to be happy about, things to be thankful for, but she also has reasons to say she has dealt with a lot the past year. And on top of everything, one thing after another, she always has a smile on her face, always has gives shoulder to cry on and ears to listen, and most of all.. she always has a positive perspective that shines though the sad moments. She has reason to be proud of who she is, who she is becoming, and who she will be one day. I am proud and thankful for her!

We celebrated her birthday last week. It was so cute and she was beautiful! {as always} I’d give anything to be able to have her hair and wear the hats she wears. And oh, the shoes!! I am jealous, I could raid her closet any day {wouldn’t look as cute on me as it does on her, but I’d try} Hope you had tons of fun Ryan!

 

 

DSCN0293

DSCN0281DSCN0300DSCN0306

DSCN0285DSCN0316  

DSCN0308

DSCN0318DSCN0321DSCN0315

Ryan's Birthday

 

 

p.s. Ryan, I have more photos from this night but was not sure if people were ok with my posting photos of them on here. I will upload all my photos and send them to you. Happy Birthday! I love you girl!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures. Ryan was so pretty!!!! Looks like ya'll had a good time.

    ReplyDelete