Thursday, January 12, 2012

You should pray for that

 

 

Growing up I always wanted 3 little boys. Yes, 3 of them.. each 2 years apart.

Then I became a Nanny for 2 little girls. {they were precious to me} with in a few months, the 3rd girl was born. I was a nanny to 3 sisters. K was 3, B was 1, and G was a newbie. I was watching G since she was born.. after 12 weeks, I was on my own.. her mom went back to work. It was easy. Those 3 girls were everything to me. I loved them as if they were my own. The little one G held a special place in my heart. (I think since I had been with her from day 1) But, I loved each of them sooo much. I also decided after watching all 3 of them for 2 1/2 years, I did not want 3 kids.

2 would do just fine. 2 boys. I didn’t want girls. Then I got pregnant. When I found out I was having a girl there was a sigh of relief. I had no idea that I wanted a girl until I felt happy about it. I would have been happy either way but I think the relief came from the fact that I know what to do with little girls. Before being a Nanny, I was in the nursery at Church or babysitting other kids. From the time I was 10 years old I was babysitting alone. Mostly girls. 2 sisters here, 1 girl there, twin girls here, 1 girl and 1 boy there, another little girl here, and the list goes on.

Now that I have 1 girl, I am happy. I have no longing for another child. I don’t want 2 girls but I do not want a boy at all. I do not want another child for many many reasons but, this post is not about me not wanting another child.. This is about Mady wanting a sister..

Over the past few months she has continued to ask for an older sister. I have explain it just can’t happen, wont happen, and there is nothing I can do about it. She then started in on a little sister. We could put my room outside so that she could have a play room and the nursery could be in the hall way and we could climb under or over the crib to get to the other rooms. SURE.. That sounds like a great plan doesn’t it? At least she has a plan.

So, jump ahead a few weeks.. I was putting Mady back to bed and as she was walking into her room she looked pretty. As if that is new or something . Well, of course I had to tell her and our convo went a little something like this:

Me: Mady, you are soooo pretty! and smart… and sweet. 

Mady: Thank you

Me: Before you were born, I prayed to God that I would have the prettiest, smartest, sweetest child and he gave me you! You are the prettiest, smarted, and sweetest child. God answers prayers

Mady: You prayed for me when I was in your belly?

Me: I sure did

Mady: “You should pray the same thing for my little sister”

yea, so.. my next prayer is “God, please let her back off the sister thing and let her be happy as an only child”  I can not say 100% that I will not have any more children. I am only 26 but, when I think about all the reasons not to have anymore, they all make sense. Having 1 child can have many benefits. Paxston is the sister she can give back. We just need a 4 or 5 bedroom house, Pax can stay the night, and the sister thing can be over with.

p.s. She doesn’t want a brother because “boys are yucky”

No comments:

Post a Comment