Thursday, January 19, 2012

Know your Genders!

 

 

So Mady is dead set on if things are a boy or a girl. She takes it serious and seems a little toooo dramatic about the situations. This is what I mean..

We were playing the came Cooties. She had a pink little caterpillar thing and wanted me to make it talk. I called it a boy. The world ended. She had a melt down. Telling me I ruined it. It is a girl and I called it a boy. omg, how dare I say the wrong gender..

Tonight, she asked me if I knew where “kisses” was. (a bear she has from NuNu) When I told her no but I would look for him.. She burst into tears. I thought this was because I did not know where he was. Little did I know that he was a SHE.  As she is crying (and I still have no idea why) I tell her to ask me like a big girl to look and I will try to look for him. She looks at me dead serious with huge tears rolling down her face and says “MOMMY.. Kisses is a GIRL! and you called her a him” omg, how dare I say the wrong gender.. again..

Note to self and to all you who are around her.. KNOW YOUR GENDERS! This is no playing with this. No teasing.. as silly as it sounds about her crying over something so.. soo.. soooo silly? It isn’t worth it although I do find it humors. mean, I might be, but sometimes.. I just find her crying funny. I don’t laugh in front of her face but I do hold the laughter back or turn away so she doesn’t see the instant smile. I want her to know it is ok to express your feelings but also, some feelings.. they just are not worth it {I wonder where she gets this from? I mean, who else cries over silly things? Please, someone tell me where my child gets this from?? ::smile::}

DSCN0271

No comments:

Post a Comment