Sunday, November 20, 2011

Birthday Gifts

I know my daughter's personality is just like mine. (mine more than her dad's the older she gets) She can make up songs, dance silly, make silly faces, likes to make people smile, can cry at an instant over nothing, has a small attitude, think she knows everything, worries about everything, and the list goes on.. another thing she is just like me when it comes to.. giving birthday gifts. I just can not wait to give the present to the person (sometimes this results in buying more presents because I want them to have something on their birthday also)

Today, Zak and Mady went shopping for my birthday (which is not for another 3 days). She has been asking for weeks when she gets to go buy me something. I told her I just want her to make me something but she insisted she gets to buy me something. Not just one thing with dad but also another thing is NuNu. That is fine with me. Ill take all the gifts a person wants to give me for my Birthday! As soon as I met up with Zak and Mady for dinner, she was talking about giving me my present. I kept telling her to wait.. I want it on my birthday but she insisted. I asked her what it was thinking she would tell me a surprise but she didn't say that. She told me that she got me a bracelet. As soon as she said it, I saw it on her face that she wasn't supposed to tell me, I didn't want to ruin the whole I surprise thing so I pretended I didn't hear her. Zak whispered in her ear to say a racehorse (he knew I heard but knew I didn't want her to know I heard) so a racehorse is what I expected to be in my back yard. His name was clover.

When we got home, I didn't mention the birthday gift.. I truly did want it on my birthday. Right before she went to sleep she remembered. So to the car they went, to get my birthday present. I grabbed my camera, not to capture my look, but to capture her look as she was giving me my present.


She said. Mommy, do you like my new bracelet? (with a smirk) I said, yes it is beautiful I love it. She said, well, I got it for you. Happy Birthday Mommy!




and it is beautiful! she said she knew I loved pearls and that she knew I would love all the colors. She was right. Zak said they looked at tons of bracelets (that is what she said she wanted to get while in the car) and she wanted to keep looking. Then when she say this one and another one on the same table she said yes. She decided on this one because of all the colors. I LOVE HER


so, I lay down with her before she goes to sleep. She starts playing with my earrings. She says, these are pearls too mommy!. yes, I love pearls. She ask me if they are real and when I told her no, the tears started rolling down her face. I said, Mady.. pearls are really rare, that means they are hard to find (me just saying what I can come up with to calm her down) like I said, she can cry in a heartbeat over silly things Then she proceeds to get upset because SHE wants real pearls. I told her on her wedding day I'd get her real pearls. She snuggles up to me and kisses me and says I sure do love you mommy.  :) 

 best birthday moment so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment