Friday, November 18, 2011

the number 26

My birthday is this week! I will be 26 years old. I am excited about this one. Not sure why though.. Maybe I am hoping that some type of new maturity will come over me.. maybe I hope that another year older will make me look at least one year older than 18.. maybe I hope that at 26 life will slow down. Although none of that will happen, I am a mature 18 year old looking 25 year old at this moment.. bahaha.. so maybe I am not always mature, maybe I have days where I look 16 but who cares right?

So I found a website that tells you about "yourself" based on the date that you were born.. I was born on the 23rd


Now to read what they have to say about me based on the 23rd.
 my opinions about what they say are in bold print.


You love change and excitement and need both to feel truly alive. change? excitement? this already is going to be interesting evaluation of myself.
For you, life is an adventure, to be lived to the fullest. You don't want to be cheated from having your share of experience. as for an adventure.. I guess all moments and experiences are adventures, living to the fullest? I'm not an exciting person my fullest and their fullest might be different.
You are highly adaptable, haha yea right.. which makes change a great deal easier for you than for others. change? don't mind it but I dont choose it. I drive the same rout where ever I go no matter what. If the rout changes, I freak out a little. (or a lot)  You have an easy way with relationships and generally get along well with most people you meet. indeed.. this is true
You have a gift for communication and promoting yourself. You possess talent in verbal and writing skills, and would make an excellent writer, editor, or salesperson. I hate sales! I like to write and talk though
You are quite affectionate and sensitive. they nailed the sensitive part. I can cry at the drop of a hat for no reason at all. You work well with others as long as there are not too many restrictions placed upon you. maybe true. I work well with others but I like direction and rules. You do not like to be cooped up in the same place for long; you get restless and bored easily. nope.. I don't get bored at all and being cooped up is enjoyable to me. restless? only when it is time to actually sleep
You are versatile and talented and there are few things you can not do. yea.. ok.. You have a very sharp mind and a fine understanding of the body, which makes careers in medicine or health both possible and rewarding. woohoo!! I do enjoy science .. math not so much!
You are very creative and witty. I am witty. I come up with things all the time, ideas... sayings.. heck, kristen and I even rap.. that could go with creative as well! Creative = crafts? Any day of the week!  But you can shirk responsibility and let your gift of gab get you through the tight spots. yes, true. I get the job done 90% of the time in every aspect of my life. I'd like to say 99% of the time but I don't want to let you in on my ego.. There can be a tendency toward sensorial indulgence, especially in food, alcohol, and sex.  that was random. You need to learn to focus your considerable energies. Discipline and order are necessities for you to be successful in life. yes, my life must have discipline and order!


All in all I think it might be true. There are a few things that are total opposite of me.. like the excitement part. I'd rather stay safe. I don't really like the feeling of adrenaline.. you know that feeling in your stomach when you are jumping from a Cliff.. nope not me.. not ever!!



Next I googled the number 26.. This is what I found

Wikipedia says:
26 (twenty-six) is the natural number following 25 and preceding 27.
In scienceThe atomic number of iron is 26
In religion: 26 is the gematric number of the name of the God of Israel – YHWHAccording to Jewish chronology, God gave the Torah in the 26th generation since Creation
In sports The jersey number 26 has been retired by several North American sports teams in honor of past playing greats
In other fields Twenty-six is:
A 2003 novel by Leo McKay, Jr..
The number of letters in the English and Interlingua alphabets,
The number of miles in a marathon rounded down (26 miles and 385 yards).
Often the number of episodes in a television program each year; this allows one new show per week for half the year, and one rerun per week for the rest of the year.
The age at which males can no longer be drafted in the United States
The "joke throw" in the game of darts, where a player throws 20, 5 and 1 when aiming for 20 (or treble 20). In professional darts, throwing 26 usually results in sneers or laughter from the audience.
A dice game popular in the midwest United States from the 1930s to 1950s; players had to roll a chosen number 26 times or more, exactly 13 or fewer than 10.[2]
In a normal deck of cards, there are 26 red cards and 26 black cards.
The number of Cantons of Switzerland.
The largest number of Oscars awarded to one person (Walt Disney).
The number of bones in the normal human Foot and Ankle.

God creates man in the 26th verse
of the first book of Genesis:
"And God said, Let us make man in our image,
after our likeness: and let them have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl
of the air, and over the cattle, and over
all the earth, and over every creeping

1 Corinthians 11:23-26

New International Version (NIV)

 23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes. 

10 Facts About the Number 26

1. A Rubik’s Cube can always be solved in 26 moves or less.
2. In 26 B.C., Cleopatra Selene got married, so Augustus Caesar made her the queen of Mauretania as a wedding present (note to people wondering what to get me…).
3. In 1926, Route 66 was established.
4. Scientist Heinz von Foerster predicted that on November 11, 2026, technological singularity will occur – the point where we will reach a level of technological progress previously unknown to man. This includes the ability for machines to make themselves smarter, and, you know, finish off the human race.
5. 26 is the only number between a square number and a cube number.
6. 26 years ago (May 30, to be exact), Cal Ripken began his consecutive game streak of 2,632 games played.
7. In 1726, Isaac Newton told William Stukeley how he developed the theory of gravity.
8. Quincy Jones has won 26 Grammys.
9. Michigan is the 26th state to be admitted to the United States.
10. Asteroid number 26, Proserpina, was discovered in 1853. It is named after the Roman goddess, daughter of Ceres and the Queen of the Underworld. She is the Roman equivalent of the Greek goddess Persephone.
  
Well, that is it for the number 26. I will let you know how I feel after Wednesday!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment