Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving at Mom's ..with some birthdayness

Every year, for the past 6 years, we have always gone to Zak's family Thanksgiving for the day and then my Family's Thanksgiving that night. To say the least, we are always full by the time we make it to my moms. This year was different! We decided to go to my Mom's for early lunch and my in-laws for the early dinner. At last min. we decided to do Thanksgiving at my Mom's house the night before Thanksgiving. a.k.a Thanksgiving eve.. a.k.a (this year) my 26th birthday!

I have to say, honestly, this year my mom nailed it. Her cooking was wonderful! The best thanksgiving meal that I can remember! Her stuffing (my grandmothers stuffing recipe minus a few ingredients) was perfect, the mac and cheese bites (made in muffin pans) were yummy, the sweet potatoes were delicious, the turkey my Papaw brought for us was oh my goodness, and everything else.. spot on!!


After a huge feast, some talking, and relaxing.. it was time for a few pictures. I can not believe we didn't take a family photo though. At Christmas, this will have to happen! We did get some worthy pics though.


Remember, it was also my 26th birthday. I asked for Apple Pie this year and along with the pie came candles and a little song called, "Happy Birthday".  :)   Of course my chica boo helped blow out the candles.


This thanksgiving was wonderful. I really enjoyed Thanksgiving Eve. I think this is going to be a new tradition for my family. Wonderful family, food, and entertainment (a.k.a.. my chica playing "Christmas" music)


Check out my Mom's version of Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment