Sunday, November 20, 2011

so she says

I love it when I have a conversation out of nowhere about a random something with my chica. The things that her mind thinks of and the way her mind works. It is like.. I don't know, I can't really explain it honestly.. it is amazing in every way possible. So innocent yet growing up. Sometimes it she talks about crazy smart things other times just crazy. Regardless, talking to her is by far my most favorite thing to do in my life!

Mady: Mommy, I want to do to dream land
me: then go get in the bed and go to sleep
Mady: no, like real dreamland. like gooo there and see my dreams that I dream about.
me: oh.. what would dreamland be like?
Mady: I would like ride a roller coaster and pass by dreams that I had. I want to see my dreams and not other peoples because other people don't dream my dreams.
me: what dreams do you think you would say
Mady: maybe about not praying
me: about not praying? you had a dream about not praying
Mady: yes. one night I didn't pray before bed and I dreamed about you giving me something to put in my body but I didn't want to
me: what? what do you mean? what did I give you to put in your body that you wouldn't want?
Mady: ribs
me: like the food?
Mady: no.. like the ribs I already had
me: oh.. huh.. why wouldn't you put the ribs in your body
Mady: because mine worked already
me: so they were extra ribs?
Mady: of course
me: ok. well what does that have to do with not praying? what did you do at the end of them dream?
Mady: I decided to put them in my body
me: well that is interesting. Did you know that God took Adam's rib and gave it to Eve and that is how girls were created?
Mady: (excited and holding her ribs) so I have Adam's ribs?
me: I guess you could say that.. yea, you have Adam's rib
Mady: what about my brain though?
me: no.. a girls brain is way to cool to have come from a boy. your brain is your brain only
Mady: that's good. I like my brain. :::pause::: maybe in dreamland I will pass by that dream I had when I was a baby about the spider
me: the spider dream? (this was her actual first bad dream.. and she still remembers it like it was yesterday.. she woke up crying and yelling saying there was a spider in her bed. That it crawled on her. That it wasn't in her dream, it was for real. It crawled on her foot)
Mady: yes. do you remember when I had that dream? I didn't like it did I? If I see it in dreamland maybe I can just close my eyes while I pass by it.
me: oh maybe you can just tell it to go away
Mady: dreams don't leave dreamland Mommy. They just go there and stay for when you visit.
me: oh. well when you go to dreamland will you let me know what it is like there?
Mady: well of course

No comments:

Post a Comment