Wednesday, November 23, 2011

On days like today...

I believe people come and go in and out of our life for reasons. I believe that people are put in our life to teach us or for us to teach them. When the lessons are taught, then they leave our life. This doesn't mean that they don't care. This doesn't mean that they can not come back into our life. This means that the point of being in each others life is accomplished. Then you have special people that teach us lessons our entire life. You have certain people that stay most of your life because the lessons are never ending. Things such as love, support, encouragement, empathy, understanding, and giving are learned in the relationships we have with other people. Even relationships that turn out bad teach us something good. Positive comes from every person we have in our life no matter how positive or negative the person is. In a horrible relationship with a friend/spouse/family you can learn what you do not want in a person. You can learn how strong you are or how much you are worth to yourself. You can learn how to handle situations that will better prepare you for the future relationships you will have. Most people that come into our life are positive and good. No matter how long a person is in our life, there are lessons that are learned.


I have been very blessed with the people who continue to be in my life. I have people that have been there for me for 26 years. (Mom and Grandparents) Then I have my sister who has been a wonderful friend for 22 years. I met one of my best friends, Lauren, in the 5th grade, that was 14 years ago. Then I have my best friend from highschool, Kristen, who has amazing for 9 years. Her sister, Sonja, became one of my best friends also.. that's 9 years. My mom's husband, Bob, has been in my life for around 12 years now. Then I met my husband in Jan '05.. that makes it almost 7 years ago. With him came his best friend, who now is my best guy friend in the world, Blake, 7 years. The best party of my Husband is his family. My in laws have been standing by me for 7 straight years now. I was blessed with a wonderful sister in law who is one of my closest friends, Kelsey. Then there is Daris, Pat, Norm, Josh..  well the list goes on, there are a ton of in laws but each of them means everything to me. Then, the most amazing person came into my life 4 1/2 years ago, Madyson Jade, my daughter. (oh the lessons she teaches me. I think I learn more from her than she learns from me)

On days like today (My birthday, today I am 26 years old) you realize how many people you have in your life that you don't think about on a daily basis. On a day like your birthday, these people think about you. The friends from middle and highschool, the people you meet through other people, the people that you try to keep up with here and there but life gets to busy. Each of them takes a moment out of their day to say hello or happy birthday. Each takes that moment to say they still care, to remind you of the positive memories, lessons, influences that they had on you at some point in your life. They may not be in your life daily, maybe not at all, but you crossed their mind for that split second.

I am extremely thankful for the people in my life today. I am also thankful for the people that were at some point a part of my life. I am thankful that God puts people in and out of my life for reasons. Reasons I may never know or reasons that are clear.

Thank you to each of you that are apart of my life. That deal with the bad and enjoy the good parts of me as a person. Thank you for supporting me, loving me, teaching me. You mean so much to me I couldn't even explain it. I hope I can be as wonderful to each of you as you are to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment