Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dentist trip number 2

 

The last dentist trip didn’t go amazing. It actually wasn’t that bad, but lets just say: there was tears, no cleaning of the teeth, and no trip to the toy store.

That was 3 months ago

So today marks the 1st 2nd trip to the dentist.

No tears, All cleaned, and a trip to build a bear!

Again, yes.. I bribed her if you want to call it that. I personally think she deserved a prize after being AmAzInG in a situation I KNOW made her extremely nervous. She is just like me when it comes to her personality. She make look like Zak but she thinks like me. Anything out of her comfort zone, she is willing do to, but her anxiety shoots sky high. I am the same way. I don’t like/enjoy the unknown. I like/enjoy new things but I don’t like the unknown part. Once I am there and it is happening I am fine (most the time) but it is the unknown building up to the situation. She was nervous (for weeks) all day today. She randomly came to me after preschool shaking.. shaking.. I asked her what was wrong and she made me guess. I knew the answer but I didn’t want to say it. After 3 guesses she looked at me and said “mommy, it’s the dentist. you know that”

I think she wanted to get it over and done with because she made us leave early so we arrived 30 mins early, we walked across the street to check out a clothing shop that she spotted a “beautiful blue dress that I really want” then when we were waiting she kept asking, can I please go back there now. Then they said MADYSON

DSCN0810DSCN0812
We waited and waited. Then he spotted the blue dress. The face below is the “I really want that beautiful blue dress, REALLY I really really want it” face. {She didn’t get the dress}

DSCN0814

MADYSON JADE GETTING HER TEETH CLEANED!
3/14/2012

DSCN0817

DSCN0818

After the Dentist and being extremely proud of herself.. we headed to build a bear.
I give her credit, she picked out a cute one this time. She and I usually don’t agree on which stuffed animal is the cutest but today I was impressed. With cute clothes to!

2012031415205520120314152059201203141521102012031415212120120314152308d20120314152608

DSCN0820
DSCN0826DSCN0827
Pretty clean teeth! Gosh I love the gaps! Bummer that I know (from a dental point of view) you want are supposed to want them closed up. We need proximal surfaces to protect our gums so we don’t end up with “black triangle” disease. 

The day ended with some clean teeth, a cute kitten named Kalee, and some amazing 80 degree weather in the middle of march!

No comments:

Post a Comment