Sunday, March 4, 2012

and so she says…

 

Goodness kids say the darndest things! Do you remember that show with Bill Cosby? I loved that show. Well anyways, I have front row tickets to that show on a daily basis. She usually says thinks that make me laugh till I cry. Some of the time, especially now that she is going on 5 8 years old, she says things that I can’t believe come out of her mouth. This that are not appropriate for a child to say. Things that I want to laugh about but then I am taken back about and then have to explain why she can not say it again. It has been a while since I posted “and so she says” but these are worth the wait!

 

Mady is writing books in class. She was saying she wanted to write one for NaNa and Gumps and one for Zak and I.

Mady: what do you like?

Me: I like playing outside with you. Jumping in puddles, chalk, playing ball

NuNu: what do you want to write about for NaNa and Gumps?

Mady: I don’t know

NuNu: what do they reeeaaalllly like?

Mady: I don’t know

Me: think about it.

NuNu: what is something that NaNa loves?

Mady: ::pauses:: (all excited that she knows what NaNa likes..)  “she likes being old”

That is the moment my mom almost spued her drink everywhere. The moment I had to repeat it in my head (a few times).. then, I laughed.. tears in my eyes laugh!

and so she says!

This is just a quick one:

sitting at the dinner table

Mady: what’s that smell?

Me: what smell?

Mady: it smells like booty in here

Me: what did you just say? Why.. what.. where.. why would you say that? Where did you hear that? What do you mean it smells like booty? When have you smelled booty?

(and then a NuNu story starts.. a NuNu story is a story that mady makes up, fabricates, and then tells that is a completely out of the blue and made up.. a lie.. and it includes NuNu in a situation, usually as the main character of the wrong doing, that my mom would NEVER do/say/have/be/tell/ask/give/allow/ or anything else that is being said during the story)

I have more but it is past midnight and I need to go to bed.. soo leaving this as a

TO BE CONTINUED!  (don’t you hate seeing those words..)

No comments:

Post a Comment