Friday, March 23, 2012

and so she says

 

The first time she has said it.. although I know it wont be the last…

sitting on the edge of her bed, she tells me she doesn’t want to go to bed. I tell her sorry but it is bed time and she has to go to bed. Then she says:

UGGHH.. YOU’VE RUINED MY LIFE!!
me: what? did you say I ruined your life?
Mady: YES!!!! UUGGHHH!!!
me: oh. well I thought I made your life great. I mean, I did take you to build a bear today
Mady: ::thinking::: yea… that was fun
me: and I did take you to the candy store today which you know I never give you candy
Mady:  ::thinking::: yea.. that was fun too
me: so, do you still think I have ruined your life?
Mady: no. it just isn’t fair I have to go to bed

now, I am not in denial or anything. I knew the day would come where I was no longer cool. Where everything I did or said seemed to be the end of the world for her. I knew the day would come where she would say things she didn’t mean but I had no idea at the age of 4 1/2 she would already think I ruined her life. (I honestly laughed on the inside when she said it though) now, just think.. I have about 16 more years of her saying those types of things.. I guess I am lucky that I have a sense of humor and I find her cute when she is angry.. I think she is adorable when she stomps her foot and walks away. Or she slams her arms/hands down by her side to show she is not happy with what I said. It takes everything for me to not laugh or smile in her face about it. There are more times than not that I must turn away, get the small giggle out of the way, and then explain why she can’t and shouldn’t act that way. all in all though, I really find her anger adorably humorous..  I wonder at what age she will be when I no longer feel this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment