Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ice Ice Baby

As most of you know now, Nashville is in the top 3 places to go away from Chattanooga. Specifically the Gaylord Hotel. I love it there more than I can tell you. Other than the expensive food, everything is very worth the price. I actually think it is just as expensive as anywhere else.

When we stayed the weekend as the Gaylord a few months ago, we saw on a sign that the Dreamworks characters where coming for Christmas. Mady insisted that we see them a.s.a.p.

This past weekend, that a.s.a.p came! To Nashville we headed but just for the day which was depressing in a way. Mady even had a little melt down that night when she realized we were not "having a sleep over at the hotel" ..  poor girl.. I could have cried over it too honestly. O well, there is always next month!

First we headed down town. I knew if we didn't go to Demos' first, we would want to rush through the Gaylord as we obsessed about it in our heads. If you have not eaten there, please please do. We have been known to drive to Nashville just for Demos'. The steak is wonderful, the pasta is wonderful, the salad is wonderful, the rolls are wonderful, and the prices are wonderful.. Yumm Yumm!





After filling our stomachs to the max, we headed to the hotel.
She kept asking "are we there yet" until she saw:

The signs!!



When we got there a lady told me that in 30 mins there was a Shrek show for free. We headed to where the show was going to be fighting the crowd. When we arrived, it was packed. I knew we would not be able to see the stage from down below so I started looking around for another spot. BAM!! I found it. Right above us was a patio like thing on a building. I saw 2 people up there but could not figure out how to get up top. After walking around for a second, Zak found the stairs. The view was perfect. We could see and hear everything! Believe it or not, only one other family made their way up top. It was like we were vip or something. I loved the shrek Christmas show!


As we made our way to ICE, we stopped by to see a few of the characters



When we got to ICE, Mady experiences her first line. We waited 40 mins in this line.. she was very patient I must say! She could not handle Disney World though, thats for sure! Below is us waiting and waiting and waiting in a long long line.. Soooo worth it though!


and then.. it was time!!



Everything was made out of Ice.. EVERYTHING! It was amazing, beautiful, and freezing! 14 degrees to be exact. That is why we are in these blue smurf things. I didn't realize it would be so cold therefore I didn't think to bring gloves. We needed gloves and hats! Next time, I will be prepared!


Then we made it to the slide. She was so excited about the slides until it was her turn to go down it. I stayed at the bottom to take photos while Zak went to slide with her. When it was her turn I could see her saying no. I swear I could see a tear falling from her cheek. I knew Zak wouldn't make her go. See, I would have. I would have sat her on it, gave her a little push, and watched her smile at the bottom. Yes, that is mean I know.. but I also know she would love it. I also know she is like me and a fraidy cat. It is like the water slide. Once I pushed her down it, she loved it. Again though, I knew Zak wouldn't make her. That is fine though, I wasn't up there.. maybe it did look scary.. maybe I wouldn't have made her go. (they wouldn't let zak go with her) So I walked to the other side where I saw a smaller slide. She was sitting at the top of it. Alright!!


at the end of ICE was a beautiful Angel and Nativity scene. This was Zaks favorite, Mady's favorite, and my favorite. It was breathtaking! The pictures do not do it justice in the slightest!

Our walk back through the hotel was pretty. It was dark outside so all the Christmas lights were on. It was also extremely crowded. I have never seen so many people at that hotel before!




This is when the melt down about not sleeping over occurred.
(this is the picture right when the melt down started.. take a look at that face)


 After the melt down, we piled in the car and came back home to crash! It was a wonderful day. I want more of those days. Money well spent, memories made, and a very happy family. What more can you ask for? Other than a sleep over at the hotel.




1 comment:

  1. Traci, if you really are wanting to take her to Disney World when there aren't horrible lines, take her the first week of December or sometime in January or February (just avoid holiday weekends like President's Day...it's pretty busy then). Matt and I have gone twice in February (once for our honeymoon) and it is usually really nice weather, only cold in the early morning and late evening. And the lines weren't bad at all.

    ReplyDelete