Monday, December 26, 2011

I got my Santa Pic!!


On Mady's first Christmas she was 4 months old. Still a little tiny cute thing. When December rolled around in 2007, I was excited to do the "Mom" thing. I remember packing her diaper bag, putting her little holiday dress on that I searched for days for, loading her up in the car, and heading to see Santa Clause. Little did I know that would be the last time I had a Santa picture... Until This Year!!!

She has always been afraid of Santa at the mall. Last year she actually stood at the mall multiple times waving to him. Never wanting to go in, never wanting to speak to him, never wanting him to come close to her.. just a simple heart felt wave. This was fine with me. Although I wanted that Santa Picture, I know my chica.. and it is ok if she wants to wave. I have the memories of her waving so calm and shy at him. My sweet innocent girl. This year though, my picture happened. Mady began telling me in November that she was going to sit in Santa's lap. I encouraged it but I also second guessed it. I knew when we got there she would motion me down to her level, whisper in my ear with her little fingers to her mouth, and say she just wants to wave to him. When the day came, we invited Pax and Kristen. (our best friends) .. Mady had already told me she wasn't going to talk to him.. but she was going to sit in his lap, smile for a picture, and maybe get a candy cane. I didn't have any expectations but I still packed up my purse, put her in her little holiday outfit that I searched weeks for, and loaded her up in the car. We arrived before Kristen and Pax. She stood there waiting, watching, and waving at Santa.

Pax and Kristen arrived, it was time to go in! We decided to do separate pictures and then together pictures. Pax was up first. As she walked in, Pax got shy.. This is not normal.. This is not Pax. She gets she here and there but she had already sat in Santa's lap.. she wanted "Nady" to come too. I am pulling out my camera to walk in with Mady and I look up, She has already walked through the doorway.. passing Kristen, passing Pax.. with no hesitation or stop.. she doesn't even look back at me for the comforting go ahead.. and boom.. she plops herself right up on Santa's lap. She smiles at the lady.. perfection! She does listen to Santa but no talking.. then pax gets up next to her. They sit there together.. like best friends.. almost sisters.. I love them so much! Afterwards, Mady got a reindeer hat.. her and pax ran around the mall area as happy as could be.

I was so proud of her! She overcame a fear.. She accomplished a goal of her own.. She grew up..
santa 2
santa 3 the girls

santa pic 4 then and now
I just realized that the first one was at 4 months old and the second one was at 4 years old. That is kind of cool! Sorry the current one is bad quality.. I just snapped a quick pic on my (dumb) phone from the frame the picture was in. It looks much better in person.. I promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment