Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011

After preparing, being patient, and getting excited about.. Christmas 2011 was here! We knew our Celebration would begin just like every year. Christmas Eve at my Mom's house with my side of the family, Christmas Morning at our house with just Chica, Husband, and myself, and then Christmas Day at my Sister-in-law's house with Zak's side of the family.
 
We decided a few years ago that Celebrating this way was much easier and enjoyable on us. We don't have to rush with either side of the family and we still get plenty of time alone Christmas Morning, which I think is very important for families to do especially with young kids. The running around can get exhausting but this was the 24 hour celebration is calm, cool, and collected!  which is how I need it
 
Christmas Eve
 
Food, Presents, Laughter, Family Photos (not yet uploaded.. come on mom.. Picasa those pictures.. don't you know it has been 24 hours since you took them..j/k.. take your time.) What more can you ask for on Christmas Eve?
 
So, I am going to say our favorite presents.. although everything was amazing, wonderful, and awesome!!
 
When asked on the way home:
Mady:  "ear muffs but my dolls are beautiful and one is Chinese so that is really cool"
Zak: pillow
Me: little forks, spoons, and knifes
 
When asked this morning:
Mady: "camera. I just can't believe it. I have a camera"
Zak: the lights for my car and still the pillow
Me: the mini strainer, pourer thing, mini forks, ramekins, all the kitchen stuff really.. wait.. I sound like my mom..  rewind.. I love my frames!
 
When asked tonight:
Mady: "my bird cage because it is a place for the birds so they don't fly away"
Zak: to bad Rice Box is closed tomorrow night, the Sushi board is really cool
Me: the Bedding.. it looks great! The candles smell wonderful.. and the sheets.. Oh I can't wait to sleep
 
 
Christmas Eve 2 . 2011
Christmas Eve 2011

 
 
After my mom's house, we headed home to put out cookies, do the Advent Calendar, Read books, and go to bed. It was 12:30 (yes.. after midnight) before Mady went to bed. Then it was time for Santa!
 
Playing Santa is one of the best parts of having a child at Christmas. I sneak in the living room with the presents. (Like she is going to catch me or something) my heart beating fast. I eat the cookies and gulp down the milk. Mr. Elf went back to Santa's workshop and Santa took the Pacies from last year.
 
cookies for Santa
 
 
 
Christmas Morning
 
It felt like it took me forever to fall asleep. I was so excited for the morning! Next thing I knew, Mady was calling me. "Moooommmyyy... can I wake up?" This is what she says every morning if she is awake before I am. She doesn't come out of her room until I say it is ok. This I am thankful for!
 
I tell her to hold on a few seconds. I grab my camera, wake up Zak, brush my teeth, and make sure everything is in place. Last night Mady refused to wear her Christmas PJs. She wanted her puppy ones that Kristen got her a few months ago. So I yelled across the hall for her to put on her PJs then she could wake up. She yells at me that she is ready and Zak and I walk in.
 
Christmas Morning 2011 Mady
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We did Santa presents first, next breakfast, then we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus, and then we went back to the presents and stockings!
 
Christmas Morning 2011
 
 
Favorite Presents:
 
Mady: Barbie car
Zak: his emblems for his car.. not yet here but the are ordered!
Me: my Camera.. my new one! I got it a few nights ago but I love love it!
 
 
Christmas Day
We played for a little while, cleaned the house a little bit, and then headed to the Sister-in-law's house. I always look forward to spending time with Zak's side of the family because I don't get to see them much. We do Secret Santa since there are so many of us but of course Mady gets presents from everyone. One day though, one day.. she will be old enough to join in on the Secret Santa..
 
We had an Italian lunch.. pasta, bread, salad, lasagna.. omg. I loved it! One of the best Lunches at the Freeman/Sabin holidays by far!! I even took some home for dinner afterwards! it was good at dinner
 
Kelsey had me for Secret Santa, Michael had Zak (we missed Michael, we was sick and didn't make it)
 
Favorite gifts..
 
On the way home:
Mady: "you know, I really really like my tent but I think it will be even more cool with the lady bug light in it.. I can just lay in it and look at the stars all night"
Zak: (he wasn't in the car so I don't have his answer from on the way home)
Me: the Child that the Parent-in-laws got us. They sponsored a child for each of us for the first year and after that we sponsor the child. Our child is 3 years old, birthday is in August, and she lives in Mexico. We can send letters, presents, pictures.. like a pin pal that we also donate to. She is in church has 4 brothers/sisters, lives with her parents, and is not yet in school. I have wanted to sponsor a child for as long as I can remember. This is going to be awesome. Plus, Mady and the child can write back and forth and who knows, maybe one day.. they can meet..  Wouldn't that be amazing?
 
Later in the night after all gifts are unpacked (all of Mady's gifts.. most of ours)
Mady: "the science books. they teach me and have a pin that teaches me. I already played with all the picnic stuff too. Mommy, I got barbies wanna see?" ::she pulls out the holiday barbies first:: "This one is like a beauty! I got a chef barbie too.. She has tiny stuff that goes with her and I have that in a special box so I don't lose it."
Zak: the meteorite.. "Who has a meteorite? YEA.. THIS GUY RIGHT HERE"
Me: my sheets at the moment.. I am so excited for new sheets! Plus, I love the color gray!
 
Sabin Christmas 2011

 
Sabins and Mady Christmas 2011
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JESUS
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
AND TO ALL
A GOOD NIGHT!!
 
 
Christmas 2011.. you rocked!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment