Monday, January 10, 2011

SNOW 2011

First let me start off by saying I have wonderful news. The computer is now upstairs, on a desk, and working! I can now blog from a computer. There is something about a keyboard, a desk, and actual computer. I love my Ipad, my phone, my laptop; but I LOVE MY COMPUTER. And the best thing, pictures!! I can now add pictures, where I want them, the size I want them, as many as I want! OMG yes I said it O.M.G! (saying it out loud as I type it)

Moving on...

Today, January 10th 2011. (1-10-11.. just wanted to type the numbers out) We in Tennessee woke up to a winter wonderland. Now Christmas we had snow. Beautiful, soft, white, and not cold or wet snow. The perfect snow actually, but today we had SNOW. I am talking almost 7 inches. YES!!! 7 inches of white wet cold snow. Let me go ahead and give you a bit of information about snow in the Tennessee Valley. (Chattanooga) 

*The average snow fall in a year for Chatt is under 5 inches
*Most snow in 24 hours was 20 inches in 1993
(This was a blizzard that I was not here for, I moved the following year to TN which we ended up having a record ice storm)
*Most snow in one season was 23 inches in 1894
*Before 1993, 1988 was the last time we saw snow like this

That is just a few facts. So it is safe to say that this was more snow than anyone could even think we would have. The news kept saying, the storm is coming. It was about 11:00 and I am just excited, I keep looking out the window but I see nothing. It didn't even seem that cold to me. 12:00 rolls around, nothing.. so I go to bed. Well at 1:30 (as usual) I wake up. When I look outside I squealed. Out loud. I woke up Zak. We had SNOW. It was still coming down. We had at least 3 inches. AT LEAST. I just had to go outside to touch it. I wanted to know what kind of snow it was. Sled snow, snowman snow, wet snow? Zak went back to bed but me.. no way! I was afraid it would melt. I know it cant melt without the sun, but I was so excited about it. I wanted to wake up my chica right then.. I didn't. (she has been sick for a week so she needed her sleep) I did not go to bed until 3:00am. Then awake at 5:30. Watching the news. OVER 300 CLOSINGS. Schools, roads, business, and so on. I stayed up till 7:00. Talked to mom, and the boss lady. NO WORK. Still I can not sleep. I made Zak some coffee, sent him to work in his 4 wheel drive. And to bed I went. Only to wake up 10 mins later to Zak back at home. His work is closed too. THE VALLEY IS CLOSED! EVERYTHING!(almost)

Well needless to say, today was the first days in 2 years that Zak, Mady, and myself had nothing to do on the same day. We spent the day watching movies, taking down the Christmas Tree, and of course PLAYING in the snow. Here are some pictures of the snow play. Madyson kept saying as she played..
HIP HIP HOORAY TODAY IS A SNOW DAY!! 
(I have to agree with her little cheer)
I love my house and yard covered in snow! 
Molly Brown sure did love the snow. She ran around like a crazy dog. Funny thing though, as she ran and played she kept licking it. Over and over, running with her tongue out on the snow. I laughed so hard!

She was ready! 
The very first thing she did was plop down in it. Which is funny because if you know her, she doesn't like to get "messy" very often. This did not faze her, she could have played in it for days..(which we will) 
Look how deep the snow is on her legs! 
The above pics do not look deep but that is because we moved all the snow to the soon to be igloo we were building! We really needed a shovel though!  

My Little Snow Angel 
Usually you can not see my car because it is all black, today.. it was white!
I think the white snow against my black car looks sooooo pretty!! 


Below: I made the picture big so you could see the snowman we made. It was not the right type of snow to build a good snowman so, we drew one with chalk.










So after I pulled Zak up backwards so he wouldn't mess up the imprint of his body (which I forgot to take a picture of) he stumbled backwards and landed right in the middle of the igloo. If you could zoom in on Mady in the background.. she was not to sure if it was ok with her. I waited for the tears... 
But she decided to run up and tell us "Daddy, it is ok.. you can just build a new one"  Instead we stuck with the fort that Zak's fall created! She was happy with that. 






Our day ended with: wet clothes, rosy cheeks,
and memories forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment