Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas 2010

I am a little late blogging about Christmas. But as they say: no better time than the present. or better late then never.

Christmas 2010 was honestly the BEST CHRISTMAS I have ever had. It all started on December 23rd. We went to Kristen's house to join our friends in a Santa exchange. I ended up with a zebra print snuggie! That I am am covered up with right now as I speak type. I always wanted a snuggie! The next night (Christmas Eve) we went to my mom's house. My mom, sister, her b/f Josh, Grandbob, Zak, Mady, and I had amazing finger foods to begin the night. Then it was present time. (That is when the iPad came into my life) I love being with my family.. my small quite family every Christmas Eve. It relaxes me. It makes me thankful. It brings an inner peace to me that I don't seem to be able to find anywhere else.

After we got home from my mom's house. We told Mady we had a huge surprise for her! We had redone her room. We bought her a big girl bed.(twin size with headboard and drawers underneath) added a cute "hoo-hoo" rug. and of course a few little details. We moved everything around. It is so cute! Such a little girls room and no longer a toddler room. :::tear:::tear:::sniffle:::

We put out cookies, poured a glass of milk, did the Advent calender, read the night before Christmas book, said our prayers, and to sleep she went. I WISH.. nope, she went crazy! She had fundip (pure sugar) before we left my moms, and when we got home. This was her first night with out her beloved paci. She was a little worried about an old man (aka Santa) coming into her house while she was sleeping, and plus she was thinking about the presents she got and would be getting. On top of all that.. the new bed. So to say the least, she was one wild-out of control-running around crazy-bouncing off the walls-giggle giggle-energetic-excited hyper not sleepy little girl. I WAS EXHAUSTED.

She finally went to sleep (NO TEARS FOR THE PACI!!) We got the presents out, Santa came, we slept. Then it was Christmas morning. She was glowing that morning. Excited for presents. She also wanted to make sure we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. and we did of course. Might I add out the window was a beautiful white covered ground, road, and trees. YES, we had our very first White Christmas! After a wonderful breakfast, presents, and snow play.. we headed out to the in laws Christmas celebration! This was the best Christmas I have ever had in my entire life. Being a kid at Christmas is awesome.. being a Mom at Christmas is amazing!















Above: Christmas at my Mom's
Below: Christmas Morning




When we went to wake her Christmas morning, this is what we found (above)
Love the pic below. My mom painted it and chica got the pieces in the Advent bags 
EXCITED ABOUT CHRISTMAS 




Santa and the Elf both left her a note. She was so excited that Santa said he was proud of her for giving her Paci's to him so he could give them to other boys and girls. (blog about Paci giveaway coming soon) 
I love the pic below. I tried so hard with my "mad" camera skills to have everything black but the snow out the window! I did ok. The picture is so cute regardless of if I accomplished it or not.  




Snow Man and Snow Angels 
Snow Ball Fight
She just talked and talked to the snowman. She also insisted that the snowman needed to have ears to hear her talk. So ears she game him. I think it is the best snowman in the world! REALLY!

Below are some pics from the In laws Christmas

Below is Zak's sister's house. This is where we celebrate. Pretty much it is the only house that can fit all 20 of us. We are thankful she lets us use it for every celebration. It is so pretty inside and out!


You know Mady, not sure about other kids hugging on her.. If you don't know Mady, she is never sure about other kids hugging on her.. or touching her.. or invading her "bubble"






Her Na-Na made this hat and coat and she made one matching for the Ariel doll. My favorite thing she has ever made! They fit her perfectly; style and size!!









Our day Christmas days ended with: PEACE, LOVE, and JOY


No comments:

Post a Comment