Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer.. starts today

Today is the first day of summer 2011! I am so excited to say the least. I am also a little worried. It being the first day of summer and being in the very high 90's... I can not even imagine what summer is going to be like in a few weeks or a month! I love the hot hot weather though so no complaint here... yet! I spent the first half of the day with my chica outside. She has a little pool and I have a chair, book, and my camera. Everything we need for the day! The weather is calling for rain all day today, tomorrow, and for the next week. Rain is good but I don't like storms. So lets go ahead and say our prayers that it is just rain. No wind, No thunder, No lightening, NO TORNADOES! (please God no tornadoes!) When we say the sun shining this morning I knew we had to take full advantage because it might be the last before we go to the beach that we can enjoy my black hot driveway, my greenish grass, and the lawn bugs. I know, sounds great right? Really I love it though. Let me show you why I love it.....


The clouds. I love clouds, and summer clouds are always amazing. Look at that sky!

Bugs are pretty cool I'd say. Check out above the dragon fly that kept landing on the chair my feet were propped up in. There were 3 dragon flies that stayed near Mady and I the entire time. She was set on standing still so one would land on her. Now I know how to get her to be still...


And this little ant was strong. I know they can carry double their body weight but to see this in person was interesting. The ant is the red/orange thing, the bug is the black thing.


And of course, there is my chica boo. I love hot summer days spent with her.





Let the summer fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment