Thursday, June 23, 2011

While she is away...

Madyson leave on Saturday at 8:00 am to go on a week long vacation with her LuLu and Grandbob. (I will be going down there the following week with her so she actually gets 2 weeks vacation at the beach)

While she is away, there are a few things I had planned to tackle. Her room, the garage, the downstairs, and whatever else I needed to do. There were a few home projects I also had planned. All of this went out the door when I was browsing pinterest.com! I came across all types of storage ideas. THEN I HAD AN IDEA! I am going to turn my now computer/closet room into a craft/closet room. Ding Ding Ding! The bells started going off in my head! Ideas, ideas, more ideas!

So, my plan...

Color Scheme:
I am unsure as to what to paint. Half the walls up to a chair rail? Just one or two walls? All 3.5 walls? I do know that I am sticking with the black/white slight zebra accent theme. Adding a blueish teal.
(these are my colors)


 I saw this room a long time ago and decided I wanted it but in teal. Now I cant really have this room because 1- I dont have a room just for crafting and 2- I dont have the money or time for just crafting. But the idea behind it... Well, I fell in love with it! (check out the link to see the entire room)





Projects that include the Husband:
A wall length desk with different heights. I want the center of the desk to be tall enough for a computer to sit on along with computer things, then on each side of the "desk" I want it to be lower. One side for my chicas craft table area and the other side for my vanity area. Sort of like the one below tweeked a lot. I do like the shelfs going up each wall. I prob would not put the shelf above the window. As for below the desk, I need it to be empty for sitting/knee area. Maybe storage area under to seperate the sections of the desk. We will see what I come up with later about under the desk.



Changes to already done room:
The dresser has to stay since this is my closet room. The actual closet in the room is for my clothes as well. The master bedroom has one small closet and enough room for Zak's dresser so I lucked out with my own room.. hint hint CLOSET ROOM! 
The cabinet I now use for makeup and such, I want to take off the doors and add some fabric or maybe a roman shade to hide everything but still be easy for my chica to use! I love these roman shades and they are DIY. Maybe this will be the first craft in the new craft room! I think it would work on my cabinet.

(pinterest)

Then there is the futon. I love it in here. It gets used  by my clothes, But never gets slept on. We have way to many comfy couches and bed in our house. So.. As of now it is for SALE. Perfectly good and clean black on black metal futon. Best Offer, starting at $5!!  Now if I get my custom built desk, then the small little desk will have to be sold as well. We wont keep it because we actually have a HUGE computer desk downstairs. It is just to big for this room. It is small but perfect and has a place for a printer. Ill post pictures of all things for sale in a day so check back!!

It is the little things that matter:
I love the idea of Madyson being able to display her art work. There are sooooo many idea for this. The one I am leaning towards though is this:

(pinterest)

I think I would get cute clipboards or maybe cover them with cute mismatched fabrics. But I love this and I have the perfect wall inbetween my closet and the door. It is small but I could get 2 clipboards next to each other just like this! LOVE IT! 

Then there is the mason jar storage idea. I love this too! baseboard or crownmolding (I bed you could just use wood) mason jar, and hose clamps I think.


Next is the really cool towl rack shower hook storage.



I also love this idea.. not so much the jars only because I think they would make a mess or break on Mady but if you look below the jar, it is the towl rack idea again!


And oh oh oh the ribbon! I actually have one of these pant hangers that I don't use!!



This WILL happen! I love this idea and it is so accessable for all Mady's stuff!!


So now all is planned out. Now I just have to ask the husband. Wish me luck... HE IS HOME!




1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see how it all pans out-pictures pictures!

    ReplyDelete