Sunday, June 19, 2011

My mom deserves a Happy Father's Day

I truly believe that my mom deserves a Happy Fathers Day. She raised my sister and I alone for 75% of our life. After my "sperm doner" left, we had a decent relationship for a little while. Even when he was in my life every other Tuesday (after he left us) she was still raising us on her own. He was not there for the good times or the bad times. He didn't have to deal with the hard times or the stressful times. Just my mom did. After a few things happened and my "sperm donor's" and my relationship went south (fast) She was still there going strong. Doing what she committed to do the day she found out she was having me.
I am sure she was jealous at times that she didn't get to check out the way he did although I know she would never have actually done that. I am sure there were times she wish so badly that it was not her alone doing it all. I liked it that way though. She taught me strength and independence. She taught me how to be a mom. She stepped in from the day he left and took his place. SHE PLAYED MOM AND DAD. Not because that is the life she envisioned when she said I DO(to him) but because that is the life she committed to when she said I WILL(to us)

She deserves more than just Mother's Day and Father's Day. She deserves everyday to be told how much of a wonderful mother she was and is. I have seen her at her worse (as a mom) and at her best as a mom. Her worst was when she was giving everything and being so selfless you have no idea. This in some peoples eyes is not a "worse" situation. But to me that is her worse because she should be selfish more. She deserves to do what she wants for her own happiness. And after years of raising us, years of dealing with us, years of laughing with us, years of understand (or not) us, years of putting herself to the side and us in the front, my sister and I grew up, moved out, and became best friends. It became time for her to enjoy herself and enjoy her life!


She still is a mom, she still gives me advice if I like it or not, she still get aggravated and gets the short end of the attitude stick occasionally, she still puts us first when she shouldn't, she still is selfless in so many ways but I can honestly say that she now knows (based on who my sister and I have become and the life she lives) that all her hard work as Mom and Dad paid off in ways that she couldn't be more thankful for!


Above is one of my most favorite pictures ever.
That is Mady, not me.


Below is an actual pic off Mady's cam. But it is one of my favs also!


Happy Father's Day Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment