Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ouch it hurts!


As you know, I have been working on eating healthy. I have learned all about calories, sodium, fats, carbs, protein, and in general what is healthy vs what is not. "They" say it is a life style change. "They" are right. It is hard but after a while, you just kind of know. It is always interesting to see what the nutrition facts are on food. It surprises me some but mostly I can guess. I was sticking to a really strict food plan and writing it all down. I did very well. Then I learned what I can eat and what I shouldn't. I also learned the foods that I am not willing to give up, I just have to eat it in proportion and not every night. LIKE ICE CREAM! I started eating healthy back in the middle of April. This is not the early middle of June. I get it. I understand it. I don't hate it. It has become is becoming a lifestyle for me.

Recently, as in this week, I have started back at a boot camp. A workout boot camp by Scenic City Adventure Boot Camp. I did this boot camp 3 years ago. I loved it and thought it was well worth the money and time. Well, 3 years later.. I decided it was time again. I just happen to catch them on Groupon. The moment I saw the groupon coupon I knew. I JUST KNEW IT WAS TIME!

So Monday, at 5:00 I got up. I put on my cute workout clothes (working in style always makes me smile.. bahaha) I had already put my water in the fridge the night before so I grabbed the water and put on my shoes. Then it dawned on my, maybe I should eat before I go. Nothing big, but some protein. The trainer always said a hand full of peanuts before would be good. I have chicken. Plain chicken breast about 2 oz. I ate it, drank some water, put my hair back, and left. Class started at 5:30 am. I was awake and ready! THEN IT STARTED! I sweat, I ran, I sweat, I did weights, I sweat, I tried to breathe, I sweat, I jumped, and 1 hours later I was still sweating. The classes ends with some stretching which is my favorite part of the class. Then, I went home. I was tired but I felt so good. SO VERY GOOD. I also was proud and ready for the next class. All day I was wide awake and nothing hurt. Then came dinner time. I sat down at the table and when i did OUCH. The squatting position hurt. I knew that the day after was going to be extra ouch. BOY WAS I WRONG. The next day was painful. Intense pain that felt so good. Everything but my feet hurt. Everything! I couldn't walk, lift my chica, squeeze my muscles in any way or movement. OUCH 


My friend Casey decided she was going to do the class with me. She can only do the night class which is coed but 7:15 pm sounds easier than 5:30 am. Although I was excited about the am class. Starting my day off with a wonderful workout. Again, I WAS WRONG. The 7:15 class is easy to get to but it was more pain. Constant arm exercising. My arms are weak!

Casey and I standing there with our 5 lbs weights and the guy across the mat with 30 lbs weights. YEA RIGHT! I am good with the 5 lbs. The first night class for us (2nd class for me) was last night. I don't hurt too bad today. I am sore but not like the day after the morning class. Although, like I said, the night class was harder. I think the difference is that the morning class we did a ton of lunges and squats and last night we did a ton of cardio and arms. My arms hurt. There is no way though that I could workout every day. Not yet at least.

I would put my measurements and weight and before and after pic up but Ill do all that when I am done. No reason to put it all out there now if nothing changes. (It is and will change)

Looking forward to tomorrows class! I love having Casey there. It always helps having a friend pushing towards the same goals you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment