Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Well, that answers that question

 

Did you know that getting insurance to cover pregnancy is nearly impossible. NO, I AM NOT PREGNANT. but, Zak wants more kids and to be honest.. I have had baby fever for a while. Now, I don’t want anymore.. I have not wanted any more since Mady was born (almost 5 years ago) but.. I don’t want to regret not having another one. I love being a mom. Zak and I are wonderful parents. I think about my sister or Zak’s sisters. I see my friends and their siblings now as they are adults and how close you can be with your siblings. I don’t want Mady to miss out on that.. BUT again, I don’t want any more kids. With this said, I kind of want a baby. It’s like a puppy.. I want it.. but I don’t. Not really the best comparison I know but since I already have a child.. I know the truth that goes behind having a child.. I am allowed to sugar coat it and compare it to something so cute and cuddly.

Most insurance providers do not have pregnancy riders in TN. {come to find out} I have BCBS for Mady and my health insurance but when I got covered I opted out on the maternity rider for the simple facts that we could not afford $300 more but we needed to be covered AND I don’t want kids. I called.. just to find out how much it would cost to add it, you can’t add it once you have a plan with them. No changing your mind about the “having a baby” decision. So, I called other insurance providers.. they don’t offer any maternity riders. Not any plan that I have called so far. I have also read that if you had a c-section with the previous child {which I did} that they wouldn’t accept you. Now, as I am laying in the bed at the hospital on day 3 .. the choice to continue to try even though I have not dilated past a 1 1/2 didn’t seem like an issue. Yes, I could have said ok.. Ill wait one more day. The doctor did tell me that I could try for a little while longer or that they could take me back. I chose to go for it. Take this baby out.. I want to hold her. The doctor never said.. ok, if you have a C-section then you will sort of be screwing yourself over when it comes to the future and having insurance for other pregnancy. I was young.. I didn’t even THINK that was something to think about.

There is not really a GREAT time to have a baby. No matter what the plan is. If Zak and I decided to have another one, I would want it next year. Before I start working. Yes, Id still be in school but that would be fine. I would want it before I was 30.. before Mady was too old to enjoy a sibling. Like around age 6 and not around age 8 or 10.

Point is though.. I guess the decision is made. if no insurance will help cover on an individual plan then that means no decision to be made by us. Which I am fine with. Zak is happy with just Mady too but it is something I have given thought and was up for discussion. Until today. Way to go TN.. fully cover people that qualify for tencare when their life is in dismay and it prob. isn't the best time for that person to have a baby anyways. (I was covered by tencare with Mady.. so I am not judging) but when it comes to a person that maybe wants to change their mind.. or give it some thought.. don’t offer anything for them! and now, I wouldn’t qualify for tencare because of Zak.

Stupid rules and government. It is just like school. Can’t get a grant because we waited until we were stable financially and the time was right.. oh, and we are married. I should have just went to school when we were broke, living together unwed, had 4 or 5 children.. and let everyone’s taxes pay for my life.. Yea.. sounds real fair and smart doesn’t it!

again, I didn’t plan on having any babies so this is not devastating news to me. It just surprised me that there is not any options for the chance that I could think about changing my mind on another child. Luckily my family of 3 is all I need and I am very very blessed!

p.s. sorry grandparents, aunts, and uncles.. She is all you will be getting from us. Unless you want to pay over $10,000 for us to have another one.. Then, it can become a discussion.

Smile 

p.s. MADY NEEDS COUSINS close to her age!! -so sisters.. Get To Work!

No comments:

Post a Comment