Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lets Celebrate!

 

Next year Zak and I will be celebrating our 5 year WEDDING anniversary. I am pretty excited about it to be honest. It is hard to believe I have been a wife for almost 4 years. There are big plans for our 5 year anniversary though! (the 4 year will be celebrated as well.. just no big plans for it) We did not get to take the honeymoon we wanted after our wedding. This was by choice though. Madyson’s 1 year birthday was a few days after our wedding and I would not and could not leave her on her first birthday. We took her with us on our honeymoon (familymoon) to St. Augustine. Which was amazing and beautiful and is still my favorite place ever. Although we wished we could have taken the honeymoon we wanted, we don’t and never have regretted the familymoon. It was perfect to say the least. Anyways, since we got married, we said for our 5 year anniversary we would take our honeymoon. Guess what people? Little did I know how fast the 5 years was going to go. So, the plan is to take our honeymoon.. when we get back from our honeymoon, we want to celebrate.

There have been soooooo many people that have contributed to our relationship. From support, understanding, advice, and role models. I feel like us being married is not just a time to celebrate alone but a time to celebrate with the people that we love and love us. The people that have stuck by us over the entire time (and before) we have been married.

Alright, back to the plan:

A anniversary reception. Simply put, I want to have a reception just like you would for a wedding. Just like we did for our wedding. EXCEPT with a few changes. For one, we want to be able to thank and celebrate with the people we love. We want the entire deal though. Food, Music, Speeches, Photos.

As for the food, all I know is that I want a plate of food since at my wedding reception I didn’t even see the food table. I did have a plate of some food but I was to busy to enjoy it. I will enjoy the food this time!

Music, ok ok.. this is a big one. we want a DJ, we actually have a person that wants to sing for us and a person that DJs. We will not have a DJ that we can not hear, that only plays stupid rap music, and is boring. I have to say my DJ was the worse part of my wedding reception with out a doubt. I want OLD music, COUNTRY music, some ROCK music, MAYBE a little r&b music from back in the day, 90s music, blugrass music, heck, I want it all.. except an entire list of rap music. I also want songs that are meaningful to other people. For example: my inlaws songs, yes Pat, Daris, and Kelsey.. this means I want songs that mean something to you and your families. I want friends songs such as songs Lauren and I jammed out to riding in my 94 blue eclipse. Things to bring back memories. Songs to make you feel good. You know what I am talking about. Those songs that when you hear them you smile in your heart, then smile on your face, then crank up the volume, start to dance (or just bobbed your head) and sing like you are a famous person and no one sings better than you.

Speeches.. This too is important. We didn’t give speeches at our wedding which I have always wished I did. I wish I said thank you to the people I wanted to say thank you. I was young, I didn’t realize the important things. I was also a little overwhelmed and had never been to a wedding before my own. Maybe this worked out for the best though, 5 years later I will have tons more to say and thank! Family, friends, and my husband will all be hearing from me this time! Also, anyone else that wants to give a speech is more than welcome too. MORE THAN WELCOME.. I would love love love it!

Photos.. I will have a photo booth! These are the most fun thing ever! Also, I want photos of everyone, with everyone. It is that simple!

As for location and dress. I would love for it to be at the same place we got married. I just think that would be so amazingly cool and it would feel good. BUT, I am open to many different options and it being a year away, you never know what will present itself. Dress, well of course, any chance that is available to get dressy, im going to take it! So, it will be formal, wedding attire, I wont judge you if you wear jeans though but please no overalls and cut off shirts.

This is all dreaming by the way. The husband is down for it, I am down, now.. we have to see if the bank account is down for it in a year ..

Other details I want:

- some type of dance.. I wont tell many people about this, if you read the blog then of course you know but I want a choreographed dance with friends and family that want to participate.. it will take a few weeks of practice but this would be the best thing ever

- colors (as of now) gray, yellow, teal  or even gray and purple, for sure having some gray in there somewhere! Gray and white would be pretty also..

- I do want another candy bar because the feed back I got from that was awesome

Really I just want everyone together in one place to celebrate 5 years of our marriage. Maybe this can be an every 5 year thing.. I mean, who wouldn’t enjoy another reception or two (or 10) being married to the same guy.

ok, now it is time to get back to 2012 instead of 2013

1 comment:

  1. Derrick are celebrating every 5 years too! But we will probably go somewhere, renew our vows, and then come back to celebrate! Great how 2 minds think alike =]

    ReplyDelete