Monday, April 9, 2012

Fail

 

Watch this video..

 

Now imagine that happening to me, in my yard, dragged by a pink power wheel car..

This power wheels to be exact

pTRU1-4884664_alternate1_dtpTRU1-4884664_alternate2_dt

This is how the story goes:

After everything was cleaned up from a great Easter party, we decided to get out the power wheels car for Mady and Pax. As Pax climbed in the driver seat and Mady in the passenger seat, they buckled their Velcro seatbelts. I knew I was going to follow them closely with Pax driving and the way our yard slopes in one part down towards the ditch.

IN VISION THIS

Pax punching her foot on the gas, me grabbing the wheel turning it to where they need to go with one hand and my camera in the other hand while running along side of it to help her drive. I see that we are headed toward the part of the yard we don’t need to be at. As she is pushing the gas, I am turning the wheel, I panic. I freeze.. not sure what to do because the ditch is coming up fast and they are headed straight for it. (This is a ditch that is after a small rock wall drop off) Next thing I know, I am on the ground being pulled by this powewheels car in my dress with a tight grip on the steering wheel. Notice in the picture the door is high. I am on the ground with my arm OVER the door on the steering wheel. I somehow jerked the car around and have it held in place. The entire time this is going on, Pax still has her foot on the gas and my camera is in my other hand. I have no idea why I didn’t tell her to stop the gas or take her foot off the gas but looking back at it, that could have saved us all. Luckily Mady was holding on for dear life as her door swung open with the drop-off right beside her. She didn’t fall out. THANK GOODNESS. I turned around to see Zak, Sonja, and Kristen standing in the yard .. almost in shock. I yell “Help me.. are you serious” At this point my fear (that had frozen me) turned to anger for the simple fact that they were standing there. They to were in shock and it all happened so fast. They all ran to me and the moment someone (I don’t even know who) reached the car.. I burst out in laughter. Shock, Fear, Anger, Laughter.. all in what felt like 5 full mins of the accident. Really it was seconds. I still laugh out loud as I look at my swollen arm that is bruised and my grass skinned leg.

Later that night, I asked Zak if it was at least graceful. Not in the slightest he says.

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT and funny but not-so-funny story! Too bad you didn't get pictures as you were being dragged...but that would not have been good, huh?

    ReplyDelete