Sunday, October 30, 2011

Part 2

A few days ago I went on a little tangent about Oprah.. most of you are probably asking yourself. Where is this pointless post going? Why and I readying all this stuff.. Well, like I said, part 2 is way more worth your time!!  This is where that blog came from:

Oprah has a new show called Life lessons. She teaches life lessons based on past shows, people she has learned from, and experiences. I love the lessons she has taught so far. This is the first (and only) show I have actually watched on her network OWN.  :::note::: I do not look or think she is speaking or teaching as a professional. I believe she and her team, have learned how to say things in ways that make sense to me. They have learned not from just their own mind but from other people that have made an impression on them.

Moving on to some life lessons!

Lesson 3: You Become What You Believe

This is true. I actually learned all about this in school last quarter in Career Development. It is true though. In my life this is how I know it is true and this is how I plan on using it for my future. At one point in my life I felt "stuck" I was a mom and then a wife. That is all I felt that I had going for me. As my friends began to graduate, as I began to wonder what example I would be for my daughter, as I started to wonder what my role in my own life was (not in my daughters life or my husband's.. but what my role was for myself) I hit what felt like a mid-bottom. I saw mid-bottom because my life was wonderful, there was no rock bottom for me. But as I tried to figure out myself, I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted and needed to get back in school. School is where my heart was. At the time though, it was not possible for me to begin school. I waited and waited for the right time. I knew I would go back though. I wondered if other people just thought I was talking but wasn't actually going to go back. This is when I decided to start believing. I put my trust into God and knew the time would come. I started to believe that I was a student.. a student waiting for the right time to enter my class room. Aug 2011, I became what I believed. A student. As I walked into my first class with NO nervousness. With no feelings of first day butterflies or should I be here instead of working. Without a second thought about what I was doing. I KNEW. I knew right then and there that I was what I believed I was.  (now there have been many other times that I have became what I believed, this is just the moment that I realized it. This is the great turning point into the life I was struggling to figure out) For my future, after Career Development which by the way was an amazing class to have as my first class of school in over 7 years of being in a classroom. My teacher taught me great things about becoming what you believe. Like Oprah, he truly believe that your head and your heart create who you will become. If your heart is in it and your head believes it then you will become it. He always said that you must think in the present and not in the future. Do not say things like... I hope to be on Honors. say things like.. As an Honors student, I am proud. We had to put our self in the present of our future 4 days a week for 6 weeks. It is still really hard to say the affirmations the "correct way" but my heart is presently in my future. I see myself in a dentist office. I know that I fit in with the other girls there. I know the success is going to be more than I could imagine. I am successful. I am proud. I am making my future better for myself and my family. If you believe it, you will become it!


 Lesson 5: Joy Rising (while giving)
I actually didn't see this entire episode but, the part I did see was about joy rising while giving. Here is a daily question to be asked.
What's the smallest joy you had today? Mady wanting me to lay with her at bedtime. She loves her daddy very very much and she has her moments where he is all she wants but when it comes to laying with her after we read books before she falls asleep, it is always me she wants. Always. When I lay with her, she puts one arm underneath my head and the other over my head. It is not comfortable, I cant breath usually, and she pulls my hair.. but I lay there.. feeling the love of my child. As she pats my head or randomly kisses my cheek. The joy that comes across her face every time I say yes I will lay goes directly from her heart and face right into my heart. The joy is pure
After thinking hard about what I give to others I realized something. It is extremely hard to give without wanting something in return. To give out of the pureness of my heart. Even if it is just the feeling of being appreciated. I want to bring my joy to people's life. Not to my own life but to the people around me. For November I am going to try and do 26 acts of kindness. (I will be 26 this month) I saw an article about a lady who did 30 acts of kindness on her 30th birthday. I envy that. 26 acts of kindness with nothing wanting in return. Just joy for another person. Ill keep you updated!

Lesson 8: When You Know Better, You Do Better
This is the lesson that broke into my heart and has lingered there. This is what made me want to write about these life lessons. This is the life lesson that I want everyone to know. When you KNOW better you DO better. How true is this? Starting from when we were little babies. If you go to touch a hot oven, the next time you know better, therefore you don't touch the oven, so you do better. This part of this that truly hit me was not for myself knowing and doing better. It was for me judging others on the things I feel like they should know. The "common sense" things. But really, people might common sensly know something but they don't know better. With knowing better comes learning. Everything in life is a learning process. We know that if you leave an iron sitting on your shirt as you walk away, when you come back the shirt will be burnt. BUT, how many of us know this still do it? It isn't until you burn your favorite shirt that you actually know better. Get it? I can not judge people or even myself on mistakes that happen when I should have known better. There is know should have known better. There is only know better. You can not "should have" .. you can guess what will happen... you can use other people experiences on what can happen to make your decision. The decision that you make based on the obvious might be a correct decision but if it is not a correct decision, you can not beat yourself up about it. Big or small mistakes, good or bad decisions, they are only there to learn by. One you know better you do better. Amazing.. just amazing.. I love this! If you put something in the microwave for to long and it burns.. you know better.. next time you wont do it for that long.. you do better! When you drive one way to work that has 10 stop lights and you are late to work.. the next time you leave 10 mins early.. you know better, you do better.  I could go on and on with the little things. The everyday things in my life that I know better and do better for. Please watch this episode online somewhere..


These are the only episodes that I have watched so far.. I have more recorded and will watch one tonight before bed. I will probably just continue to add to this post for the other "life lessons" she teaches. If you do not like Oprah, you should at least give it a try. This is the only show I know of like this. It is worth watching. I wish there were more shows like this. I would watch them over reality or news anyday!

.. to be continued!!

No comments:

Post a Comment