Monday, October 10, 2011

DIY Halloween Decor!!

Today I actually made my first Halloween decoration! I decided I was not going to decorate much for Halloween and instead I am going to decorate for Fall. I found this awesome wreath thing on Pinterest that I wanted to recreate in Fall colors. They had used Christmas colors. I did not have Fall colored paper but I did have Halloween paper.. I love love love my wreath!
Check it out, and it was super easy!

What you need: 8 to 10 pieces of 12 X 12 paper (or 8 X 8)
glue and stapler
paper slicer

Cut the paper in half with the paper slicer 

Pinch one end of the paper and glue it together 


It should look like this at the other end


staple three papers together at the pinched end


repeat this over and over
staple or glue the top edges together to get rid of the gap in between
it will get hard to staple the pinched part but keep on


The middle will not nicely go together, that is alright as long as the outside edges fit together nicely


add a center piece to cover up the ugly middle
(all I had was my chicas foam pumpkin and some stickers)


Then hang in house or on door!


I am soooo doing this for every Holiday.
I will hang it in my house once I get the actual door wreath made that I am about to start working on.

With smaller paper, a small one would be cute in my chicas room!

No comments:

Post a Comment