Thursday, July 19, 2012

{Day Three} Hawaii

 

7.9.12

Snorkeling and Personal Chef. Those were the two plans for the day. As for snorkeling, I can tell you about it but I do not have any pictures because we used underwater disposable cameras.. you know.. the old fashion ones where you have to take them to get developed and you have no idea what is on them even 2 seconds after you took the last picture. As soon as they are printed, Ill scan them and post them.. until then.. this is what I have to say:

 

My favorite moment/part of Hawaii was snorkeling. Not really the entire trip, it was awesome just not my favorite, but seeing Mady snorkel was amazing. At first I wanted Zak to be in charge of her since, well, I was slightly nervous and didn’t really enjoy it 8 years ago. I don’t like flippers, mask are strange, and heck.. we are in the ocean with crazy looking fish swimming under me. A little out of my comfort zone.

When we got into the water, I decided I’d rather have Zak enjoy the day and I’d just stick with Mady myself. {The slightly over protective mom kicked in also} So, Zak went his way, Mom and Kayla went their way, the other family members went another way, and there were

Mady and I a short distance from the boat. So picture this: Mady and I both with the floatation device strapped around our stomachs, mask/snorkel me, camera on my wrist, Mady’s snorkel/mask on my wrist, Mady on top of the large boogie board with a window in it, Mady’s flippers/feet in the water, me holding onto the small boogie board.. every time the wind blew Mady slightly freaked out saying “Ahh, mom.. the wind.. it is going to blow me away, please hold on to me” , floating in the ocean.. both of us unsure and unconfident. To say the least it was .. complicated.  I did get her to put on the mask. Then up swims Mom and Kayla. All three of us held her boogie board so she can attempt to put her face {with mask} in the water to see what she was missing .. nope.. not fun. So, once again they went their way and Mady and I continued to float.

I only put my face in the water 2 times for a short few seconds but I could hold her and everything else while submerging my face in the water. I decided to show her that the float around her would hold her. After she figured that out, and trusted it, life became more simple. Got rid of the large boogie board. Then her mas went back on her and the snorkel in her mouth. Again, one less thing I had to hold. Each of our hand on the smaller boogie board.. and BOOM Mady’s face is in the water.. she was SNORKELING. I just stared. I loved it. I couldn’t believe it! At one point she left her face in the water for about 10 mins just looking. The best part.. hearing her giggle through the snorkel every time she saw something cool. So then, we just floated. This was the moment I went to Hawaii for. A moment of bliss, proudness, and beauty. {from the both of us}  a little bit later, Kayla went back on the boat with Mady.. Mom and I snorkeled. We saw an eel. A real live slithering eel. I can not wait for the pictures to be developed!

The ride back to the island was slow. I had to pee. and we just sailed. All the meanwhile, Mady is snuggled on Kayla fast asleep. Every bump, splash, and movement.. she slept right through. Did I mention on the way there we saw sea turtles! Mom and Kayla saw them while snorkeling.. I was a little busy and overloaded with “stuff”.

 

Hours later we headed back to the Villa. Waiting for us was a personal chef! Our very own amazing and awesome chef! Goodness did we eat! The food, it just kept coming and coming! We even made our own ravioli from scratch!

DSCN1358DSCN1368DSCN1370DSCN1376DSCN1382DSCN1375DSCN1385DSCN1391DSCN1393
Mady really didn’t have any interest in the food, which is odd since all she does is eat

DSCN1392
Oh my favorite! Appetizers.. some Ahi Tune wrapped in something.. and {the best part} Some shrimp thing wrapped in some type of bacon thing. I could have eaten that stuff all night long. You have no idea how amazing they were!
DSCN1395DSCN1398
Main course: new york strip sliders (I think) chicken stuffed with pineapple and some stuff, veggies, and some cheese potato's. Dessert was passion fruit custard (my 2nd fav) some coconut thing, a brownie, and banana wrapped in something. I do not remember the names of these “fancy” foods so for now {until I get the names} we are just going to call them all what I have named them. Regardless of the name, the taste was better than anything I have tasted in a very very long time.. (until the luau on day four)
DSCN1401
Chef Tiffany.. (there is a secret but I can not tell you yet)  Her Website.. Her Youtube and below is her assistant who was also wonderful and amazing!
DSCN1403DSCN1404

The evening was over, we all were exhausted and most everyone went to bed. Everyone but me and the husband! We enjoyed some alone time in the color changing hot tub with some wine and beautiful stars!

IMG_2712IMG_2714IMG_2715IMG_2717IMG_2721

Story time- the stars from our villa were something I have never seen. The sky was clear and the stars.. goodness the stars! The night before J taught me about the stars. Everything from the big dipper to the north star and many constellations from there to over there. I have to admit. Kristen has tried to show me these things in the past but we have never had a clear sky the way we did in Hawaii. You couldn’t miss any of them. The coolest part, (prob. my second favorite thing in Hawaii) the Milky Way. That was beautiful! Amazing! Like nothing I had ever seen. I saw more shooting stars in Hawaii than I have in my life. While in the hot tub with Zak this night, I was able to point out everything I had learned. I was able to see everything I saw from the night before. It truly amazed me. I thought I loved clouds, ha.. stars come pretty close to my love for clouds! Too bad we have mountains and trees in the way here! I’d star gaze for the rest of my life! {future choice for Mady’s profession!}

90353536244326722_7bbDcu6D_b

Check Out:
Day Two
Day One
Plane Ride
The Villa

No comments:

Post a Comment