Wednesday, July 18, 2012

{Day Two} Hawaii

 

7.8.12

Maui is 6 hours behind us at home. This means that we woke up early! Waking up at 5 am was really 11 am to our bodies. The 6 hour time difference made me realize how much of the day I waste when I sleep in until 9 or 10. (I will still continue to do that considering next month Mady’s school starts {everyday at 8:00} and I will never be able to sleep in again for the next 16 years) Anyways, back to Hawaii.. We had plenty of time for breakfast, a morning swim, showers, and still be out the door before lunch. Needless to say, my chica was the last one to wake up 90% of the time.

DSCN1285
{Good morning Maui}


DSCN1284
{Zonked Out}

DSCN1290DSCN1291
{Morning Swim}

Last time we were in Maui (8 years ago) we stayed at the Hyatt Resort. This is where my Mom and Bob usually stay since the pediatric conference is held there. On Sunday, around lunch, we decided to head on over to the Hyatt and check it out while we waited on Bob to get out of the conference. {yes, for some of us(Bob).. it was not all relax and play}

DSCN1297DSCN1299DSCN1309
{side note- it was VERY windy so my dress is being held by a hair tie..
-my dress is not really this short}

DSCN1312DSCN1318
After a small snack and looking at all the animals/rainforest stuff, we headed down to the beach. Hawaii beaches are much much different that St. Augustine Beaches!
IMG_2688

IMG_2690IMG_2697IMG_2684
{Clouds, Water, Sunshine, Island.. all my favorite things in life}

IMG_2701IMG_2702IMG_2707
{Chica Boo on Lahiana Beach}

DSCN1288
{Story time- This little bench looking thing was right outside our bedrooms. Every time, and I mean EVERY TIME, chica would walk by it she would stop.. sit on it.. and slide over the “waves” of it. I am pretty sure I need to find this for her bedroom}

IMG_2704
{just another AmAzInG rainbow}

Above are some other pictures from the Hyatt. We went there on the last day too, more pictures to come in later post. It is beautiful at the Hyatt!

 

 

Story Time- While at the Hyatt, we went down to the beach. Mady, of course, found rocks and wanted to take some home. {there were not any seashells, just black rock looking clumps} She picked out 3 rocks and put them in Daddy’s pocket. Later that night, after Zak carried the rocks in his pocket all day, we discovered something. {other family members, including Zak.. I was not in the room at this time} One of the rocks was NOT a rock. It was NOT a cool creature. It was NOT coal. It was something though. Something that smelt like.. well as Mady told me “like.. just… ::pause:: just really bad”  yes, the “rock” that Zak had in his pocket all day was Poo. I don’t know what it was poo of but it was a hard smelling piece of POO. Needless to say, that rock is no longer in Zak’s pocket

IMG_2691IMG_2694IMG_2696
{Picking up “rocks”  look in her hand below.. it’s a rock, its coal.. no.. its POO}
IMG_2695

35465915785779793_D258OXw9_b

Check out:
 Day One
The Villa
The Plane Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment