Wednesday, July 4, 2012

and so she says

 

Happy 4th of July!

This is not my 4th of July post {which will not be done until I am back from HAWAII} but I did just have to share this little so she says moment

 

I love 4th of July but I am use to spending it in Florida.. on the beach.. with all day to do whatever festiveness creations I come up with.. I was a little slacking on the ideas this year until ::wait for it:: this morning.. THE morning OF.

so while scrolling through Pinterest with Zak and Mady sitting right beside me, we found some food, drinks, and more food that we decided we would make.

Of course we all had on red/white/blue outfits for the day but that just didn’t feel like enough. We picked out 2 foods and 1 drink to make. Then I thought.. I really don’t need to spend the money on this food stuff when we are leaving for vacation in a few days. Lets take the drink out and just make 1 food. When I told Mady this is how the convo went:

Me- Mady, lets pick one food to make instead of both

Mady- nooooo.. we have to do both

Me- but we don’t need to do both

Mady- (getting upset) we have to

Me- hey.. there is no need to cry about this

Mady- {really upset} but its AMERICA and your not listening (not as in I am practicing my freedom of speech and your not listening.. but as in.. TODAY is AMERICA (about America) and your not listening to how important it is to do both foods)

This is one of those moments where I place myself behind her, out of her view.. seal my lips tight because I am about to burst into laughter.. She is so darn cute!

Needless to say we bought both foods and the drink stuff. It was a great day and I will post about it in a week or so!

261871_10150705462500088_5859495_n
(last year on the 4th)
{2011}

264061_10150705467375088_6737393_n284019_10150705459550088_4813807_n

No comments:

Post a Comment