Sunday, July 22, 2012

{Day Six}

 

7.12.12

The week passed by toooo fast. We really didn’t have a relax at the house day. Since Zak got his tattoo the day before and couldn’t go swimming on the last 2 days, we decided to spend some time downtown again. Z, Chica, and myself enjoyed a morning filled with everything Mady wanted to do. It was her day with just us. All attention on her! This was a wonderful day and I am so thankful for such a perfect child and amazing Husband!

First stop.. hair wrap! She has been rocking this hair wrap since she got it, loving it every day! I remember doing these in middle school so that was fun to see her doing it. We were going to get them to actually wrap her hair but it was $4 an inch.. if you know how long her hair is, that is around $70 {or more}.  so yea.. No Way! We bought a premade one ($15) and they braided it into her hair. Even better since we can take it out and put it back in!

 

DSCN1480

DSCN1483
{braiding her hair to hold the wrap}


DSCN1485
After the hair wrap.. she was… wait for it  … wait for it… Hungary!! So she chose one of the million restaurants on the water.. based on the menu.. and of course she chose the one with mac and cheese (the only time she had mac and cheese in Hawaii) it was an $8 easy mac in a bowl {just like red lobster}  but, she is worth it! (it wasn’t the price of the food that was ridiculous, Ill pay for some good food.. but $8 for easy mac, gets me every time!
DSCN1488
DSCN1491
Sailboat Classes once again!
IMG_2818DSCN1492DSCN1494
After lunch, a little shopping, and enjoying each other.. we drove back to the villa while absorbing every little bit of the landscape on our last full day.


DSCN1497DSCN1498DSCN1500

DSCN1502

Thursday afternoon was spent in the pool, playing music, and followed by a photographer coming to take family photos. She was a beautiful, kind, wonderful women!
{we do not have the pictures yet}

untitled
I have tons of videos with her jumping, doing a cannonball, and so on, but I have not yet uploaded them to YouTube. So, more videos.. coming soon!! Until then enjoy the belly flop!

DSCN1528
I know, I know, she has every instrument available.. but heck.. what's another ukulele? Thanks Grandbob!!

After the photographer took our pictures, K and I headed to get our tattoos by Chuck at Soular Tattoo! I have had mine picked out for about a year.. I just wasn’t sure exactly how I wanted it. It is Chica’s bday in roman numerals. Says: 08.12.07. I blurred out the rest of the picture because {even though my boob was covered} I didn’t want to offend anyone. {or chance not getting a job in the future based on a picture from my blog. Just playing it safe!}
IMG_2826lIMG_2894IMG_2830
Location of my tattoo.. close up of my tattoo.. and the Kayla’s cute tattoo!
(no, these are not our first tattoos but they are all in hidden places) Yes, it did hurt. Well.. not as bad as I thought. I actually enjoy 70% of it. (when he was filling it in) The outline was what hurt.. right on the ribs. OUCH!

 

Story Time-

Although Zak could not swim with Mady, I had to get in the pool one last time with her. As we are floating around doing what we do best, I ask her:

Me- Mady, do you want to jump off the side?

Mady- no

Me- Do you want to pull me around the pool on the float

Mady- no

Me- Do you want to swim without your floaties?

Mady- no.. well actually.. yes

Me- What? you do? OK!!

And this people is the day she swam by herself for the first time. If you know her, she is afraid to even put her face in the water for more than .5 seconds. She is afraid of sinking and doesn’t understand the concept of coming back up for air. She truly believe she will not be able to breath under water {even though my amazing God-Daughter is a frog in the water all the time around Mady.} She doesn’t trust the water really. But heck.. I make her take her floaties off and try.. Today SHE wanted to.. and SHE SWAM!! She swam back and forth to K and I at least 15 times. Each time with us backing up more and more. Watch close and you will notice Kayla is not holding her as she swims! I was so so very very proud!

Swim Mady Swim!!

 

 

186547609535179816_kfFmhzvR_b

Check Out:
Day Five
Day Four
Day Three
Day Two
Day One
Plane Ride
The Villa

No comments:

Post a Comment