Sunday, August 21, 2011

A pinterest birthday party a.k.a.. under the sea

Have I mentioned I love pinterest? Well, just in case I have not.. I LOVE PINTEREST!!

I get all my ideas for my home, clothes, storage, decor, sayings, and hair... I also get ideas for Parties!

My chica just had her 4th birthday. That is another blog in itself, but I based her birthday party off of pinterest. Well, I didn't base it off but I got ALL my ideas from pinterest.

The theme was Under the Sea. She wanted a jungle theme, but in our downstairs basement we had to take the ceiling down in spots to look for the bees that moved in with us last spring.  We didn't put the ceiling back because 1. it wasn't that easy, and 2. we want a different ceiling.  The ceiling looked horrible and with missing parts so I knew I was going to have to do something to cover it. This lead me to and under the sea theme. I could cover the ceiling with blue cloth to make us feel like we were under the sea. That is exactly what I did!


Like I was saying, my ideas came from pinterest.
 Here are the things I found on pinterest that I knew I would be doing. Mine all turned out amazing, but some of the pictures don't show you how amazing they were.. You will get the idea though.

The string of balloons, net decor, I loved the napkins, pizza bread (aka my coral pizza), the penutbutter and jelly fish, octo dip, sand dollar cookies, stuffed baguette (I did mine with spinach dip for seaweed) and the submarine.
Below are my party foods and decor.

Food:
Seaweed Bites (baguette stuffed with spinach dip)
Shrimp Cocktail
Sand dollar Cookies on Sand (crumbled Graham crackers.. made by my mom)
Coral Pizza (cheesy bread cut in checkered board dip it is pizza sauce)
Octo Veggie Dip
Penutbutter and Jelly Fish (PBJ cut out in fish shapes)
Fruit Tray
Shark Bites (pigs in a blanket.. made my my sister)



The party was a wonderful success and I will blog about the party at a later time. There are so many pictures I have to go through. But I just want to say:
Thank you Pinterest for amazing ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment