Wednesday, August 10, 2011

a little bit of judging..

ATTENTION: this post contains a little bit of judging..

While we were eating tonight, at Outback, I saw this family come in. They sat at the table right in my view. You know, that view, the one where it seems like the only place your eyes look. I noticed that she was a larger lady. Actually I also noticed her feet didn't touch the floor from the booth but that is not what my issue was. Like I said, she is a larger lady. Her husband or man or whatever he was, he was an average man. A little weight but nothing much. Then I noticed her son. He was no older than 11. He was a chunky boy. A very chunky boy. You know, all that is fine. It is fine that they have some weight on them. I mean heck, all of America has weight on them. When they ordered, I noticed something though. The lady. The MOM. She was talking to the man as she salted her food. She was going back and forth over her entire plate. Not one time did she look at her plate. Just kept salting and salting. It was one of the salters that you have to twist the end to make it come out. She knew she was salting it. The Entire Plate. This erked me. Not only did I wasn't to yell out "Enough Sodium Already" but they boy. That is all I could think about. The boy. Why does this lady not see that she is setting her son up for a hard life when it comes to his weight. Why does she not want to prevent him from the struggles I am sure she has with her own weight. I don't think kids should have to worry about weight. I don't want kids to be self conscious. He was young. The mom though, she should set an example. Fix healthy food, eat healthy, make it a life style for all of them. STOP SALTING YOUR PLATE

It drove me crazy honestly. Poor boy. He doesn't even know the struggle he will probably have. I hope he doesn't. I really hope he doesn't struggle. More than likely he will. I don't mean to judge.. judge one plate.. at one restaurant.. for one minute. but.. I did judge. I judged and then vented. I judged that mom. I probably gave her a look. Not to her face because she didnt look at me.. or her salty plate, but I could not help but judge her. I hope I am wrong. I hope this was her "cheat" meal.. or her one plate of salt with some food on it for the month. I don't know. But it was wrong all in all. I don't think it would have bothered me as much if the boy wasn't there. It is her life her body, but it is also her son's future..

Come on people!!! Change the way you think.. or don't think..

No comments:

Post a Comment