Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Weird but true?

I am always reading random facts. Random questions. Random things to buy. On this wonderful cloudy about the have a huge hail storm kind of day.. I came across this:


  • More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines

WHAT!! How? Do they stick their hand up it trying to steal a bag of $1.75 chips? Oh, I know.. they are pushing it over so they can steal some money from underneath it. I have actually found over a $1 in change under one before. YES, I have stooped down low to see if their was money underneath. There always is. Watch, I bet you at least think about looking next time. Anyways, I looked it up.. I was right! Stealing money or food by rocking the machine.. I never thought about shaking it to death  my death.. Here is another article that list some deaths by vending machines.

  • Hippo milk is pink
Now I am not sure if I believe this. I looked it up and found some articles saying it is true. It also states that Hippos produce a pink mucus to keep them from getting sunburned. I tried to look up pictures of hippo milk and didnt find not one. I did however find an article about a baby hippo that was born and would nurse so for the first time ever a hippo was milked by hand. If this is the case and it was a first, how do they know the color of hippo milk? It was an interesting article though.

  •  According to a 1950s survey, 75% of men ejaculate within two minutes of penetration.
Well, we are just going to leave that at that and not go there. This study does say it was done in 1950. Not that I think men have really changed since then. At least not for the better. J/k.. We women love our men.

  •  Blue light fends off drowsiness in the middle of the night.
This is interesting. Is it only in the middle of the night? This made my brain start thinking. All the times people are sleepy. Lets just add blue lights to our life! What about driving. Maybe they should figure out how to get blue lights in truck drivers trucks or people who have to drive long distances. They should put blue lights in scool then to help sleepy kids stay awake. Oh, then there is while people study. I am going to actually test this on a friend. Yes Krsiten.. you are my lab rat to be!! So all in all,  let's all change our light bulbs to blue light. Maybe we would see a difference in what we get done during the day .. and night.. Then I read this article about it and at the very end it says blue light can also be harmful.

  • Most of us have microscopic, worm like mites named Demodex that live in our eyelashes and have claws and a mouth.
So you too ran to the mirror to check out these bugs in your eyelashes! I did. WHAT! Crazy, scary, weird, but TRUE? I had to look this up. I want to go wash myself everywhere after reading about them. They are not just in our eyelashes but any hair. Skin, Head, Eyes, and so on. What are these little bugs doing, can they not find their own place to live, their own food, instead of feeding off of me. They like oil. I do not have oily hair or skin. Thank goodness. It also says that the thinner the hair the more bugs they find. I have thick hair. Really thick hair. THANK GOODNESS.. All you thin hair people stay away. Just kidding. Just kidding. Sort of. They also make peoples hair fall out. It is going to be hard now for me to see a person loosing their hair or with no hair. I will want to say .. hey, you know.. you have mites.  It will be hard for me not to see a family of these mites having a good ol time on that person's head. EWW. Natural but Nasty!

  •  When you are looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate, they do the same when you are looking at someone you hate.
So now we know the secret. Just watch the pupils. If they dilate, ask them.. do you hate me or love me. What does it mean when they do nothing? They don't love or hate you. They just slightly like and unlike you? If you are talking to me and I seem to be off in a weird lala land staring at your eyes.. just know.. I am figuring you out! I CAN SEE IT IN YOUR EYES

That is all for now. I really need to go clean. '
Do you have any interesting facts to add? 

1 comment:

  1. Traci the one about the vending machines is hilarious! Who would have ever thought?

    ReplyDelete