Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March's Newsletter

At my work we get monthly newsletters for the residents. ( I work at an apartment community) I know that my residents just throw out the news letters. At least half of them do. Waste of time and waste of paper. If only they would read it. It isnt full of just community info and your rent is due and pick up after your pets use the bathroom. There are actually really interested facts in there. I love reading the news letters!

So St. Patty is coming up. Actually I have a green party to attend to this weekend. You will see pictures eventually. So along with St. Patty is the FOUR LEAF CLOVER.. This is what I have learned from the newsletter:

FOUR LEAF CLOVER:
The highest amount of leaves found on a clover is 18 (Guinness Book of World Records)
Pollution, soil compostion and other environmental factors are what cause clovers to have more than 3 leaves
There are 10,000 three leaf clovers for ever 4 leaf clover

Just to let you in on a little bit of personal info. I got my first tattoo when I turned 18. Guess what it is of..... A FOUR LEAF CLOVER. I love it to this day by the way! So this was really cool when I read this. I actually was told this by the tattoo artist when I was getting it but I forgot what they ment and then it never really crossed my mind again, until now...

The first leaf is for hope, the second is for faith, the third is for love, and the fourth... you got it!! LUCK!!

Hope Faith Love and Luck.. I am pretty sure I like my tattoo that much more!!

THE LEPRECHAUN:
Leprechaun is from the Irish name Lobaircin meanins small bodied fellow. Leprechauns had nothing to do with St Patrick or the celebration of the day which is a Catholic holy day. In 1959, Walt Disney released a film called Darby ODill and the Little People. The movie changed the thought of Leprechauns from cranky to fun and cheerful. The Leprechaun is an American invention that is now know world wide for St Patty day and for Ireleand.


SPRING:
The vernal equinox (vernal means spring and equinox means equal night) occurs around March 20 when the sun is directly over the equator. This makes the start of spring.

An ancient holiday from the vernal equinox was OSTARA, a celebration honoring the lunar goddess ESTRE. MYTH: Estre rescured a wounded bird whose wings  had become fronzen by the cold (winter) by changing her into a hare (rabbit) who could more easily survive the winter. The hair could still lay eggs though. She expressed her gratitued to the goddess by decoration her eggs and giving them to her. Missionaries adapted the traditions for Easter in hopes of converting pagans to Christianity.

Interesting right? I KNOW! Maybe I should start posting once a month from the newsletter.. hum, idea!  Anyways.. why wouldn't my residents enjoy reading about these things? Their loss.. I love it!


p.s. It is supposed to be 40 degrees in the morning and then rise to 75. OMG. I am so excited that my house is spotless.. I dare you to come take a look and see if you can find any dirty spots. It is s.p.o.t.l.e.s.s.!  Now for tomorrow, play all day with my chica in the sun!

p.s. why in the world is spell check not working?! Sorry for the misspelled words..

No comments:

Post a Comment