Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thats just how it works

Although the blogging has slowed down, the life has sped up. Here is a quick catch up.

We had a huge storm a few weeks ago. I hate storms. I like rain. I like thunder. I even like lightening. When you combine them and add wind really hot weather mixed with cold weather. Well, you get me freakin out because I just know there will be a tornado. I HATE tornado's! They scare me. Sweaty palms, heart beats fast, mind thinks a million things at one time, heart beats faster, breathing changes, and and boy does the praying begin! When we has weather issues, God is prob. like alright.. I guess I am about to hear Traci talk a million words a second for the next 2,3,4,5 hours. Thank you God for listening!!  Anyways, so we had one of those storms. I was a work. Work where every room has huge windows. Work that is about an 600 square foot 2 room office. No where to go. To sum it all up real fast. Tennessee had a horrible storm..
recorded tornados in hamilton county    youtube news about tornado    The tornado had at least 2.2 mile path. It is said to have been more than that bouncing around town. Trees on houses, trees uprooted in yards, roofs torn off, storage buildings and carports thrown across yards. It was crazy!  My street was hit by what looked like a tornado. It could have been the 60 mile winds but whatever it was left me without power for 3 days. I have to say. I would much rather have no power with running water than having power and no water. It wasn't too bad with no power other than no showers since we didn't have hot water. No cleaning clothes or the dishwasher. The worst part was no heat. We were lucky. Only a few small branches down in the yard. Here is Madyson helping clean up the yard the day after to storm.


This is just a picture of the sky one night. I didn't have my "cool" camera outside with me so this isn't as good as it could be. It also doesn't show how pretty it was. The sky was very blue with light pink swirls. Not the normal hot pink you see. I love pink skies!
So, on another happier note. WE GOT POWER! The house got cleaned, the fridge was cleaned out since we had to get rid of most everything left in it. I sent my meats to my moms house but it gave me a "have to" reason to clean out and clean up the fridge and freezer. There is a positive outcome to everything in life!

Enough about the storms.. (which by the way we had so much rain last night and today that everything is now flooded. for real.. )



FUNNY STORY!!!

Zak, Madz, and I were in the truck going to eat. I am so over eating on 153. Same thing for years and years. That is why I now cook. So we are trying to figure out where to eat. Ryans.. good salad, choice of food, and plus it isn't Fri, Sat, Sun, or Wed (these are the days I refuse to go to Ryans. Church crowd and cold left overs from the rush hour) On the way Mady blurts out.
 "I KNOW WHERE WE CAN GO"  
Where?
"THAT NEW PLACE.. YOU KNOW. THAT NEW PLACE"
(Humm, what new place?)
What is the name of it Mady?
"YOU KNOW, UMM.. PICCADILLY"
(we die laughing)
Ok, I guess. I have never been there
"THEY HAVE JELLO IN COLORS THAT JELLO ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE"
Oh. ok
(I look at Zak and ask)
Do they have food there (meaning food I want)
Mady " YES THEY HAVE FOOD"
haha.. Zak agrees that they have food
Do they have good there for me to eat I ask Zak
Mady "YES THEY HAVE FOOD FOR YOU TO EAT"
Do they have good food that I will want to eat I ask Zak again
Mady "YES THEY HAVE GOOD FOOD THAT WE CAN ALL EAT"



ANOTHER FUNNY STORY!!!

Again in the truck. While Zak is driving, he comes to a stop sign and stops.
Mady: Good job 'topin at the 'top sign Daddy
Me: your so sweet Mady. You love to make people feel good. You have such a big heart. You are so nice
Mady: Sometimes I am nice to some people, Sometimes I am not nice to some people. THAT'S JUST HOW IT WORKS

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


So I look outside during all this rain and what do I find:
BIRDS GOING WORM HUNTING


Speaking of worms and birds. We have a ton of Robins at this house! One in particular is Mady's favorite. (and mine too) How do we know specifically which one it is and if it is the same one. Well take a look at this plump bird.


 I could pick it out of a crowd! She (I assume it is a she with eggs.. she is always with a skinny bird who we call he) but anyways She is not very fast. She likes to just sit in the yard and watch us. She lets us get pretty close to her. She doesn't jump/waddle. She has to hop and plop. I bought her a bird house from Kirkland's. I hope it is a she and I hope she uses the bird house I bought. It is like this but with a bird house on it. Made out of the same thing as the one pictured and almost the same colors. It is so cute. Just $10!

Now moving on to Kirklands! I love it I love it I love it. It is my Fav. store ever! EVER! If you are on their mailing list, you get (tons of emails) great coupons! $10 off $50, 20% off entire purchase, $5 off $25. Also, they have GREAT prices! For real. Just go in and check it out. Expensive looking, great quality, reduced prices. I just LOVE IT. I could decorate my entire house with it!

I have had my eye on this item for a while.. Well, I got it!! Here is mine!

Ok, so I know you are wondering what the blue bead things are.OMG These are cool. I got them 2 for $3 at Kirklands but I can not find them on their website. (There website never has everything they have in the store) These beads are called deco beads. They can be used with fresh flowers or just for color. You can use them straight from the package as a decoration or you can soak them in water for 5 hours and they expand, turn to a gelish bead and they release water to the flowers for 30 days. I just got them so I am not sure how they work with fresh flowers. Ill let you know (the roses were already leaning when I got them, not because they beads are not working) They are small beads and when you soak them they expand. I did not think that it looked like a ton of beads so I soaked the entire tube (some are in tubes some in packages) BOY was I in for a surprise. I only used maybe a third of the soaked ones. Look how much I have left.. I guess I need to go get more vases and flowers. Pretty cool though!! Click here to learn more about deco beads. Click here to see how pretty they are. I will for sure buy tons more in many colors to fill up my glass jars. Even if they do not work with fresh flowers. I find them soooo pretty!



Well, this blog is pretty here and there. That is it for now though. Just a few family photos on the kitchen floor to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment