Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Opinion #2

 

Last night the husband and I watched some movie from redbox. I don’t remember the name (cause I never remember the name) and I don’t remember who was in it (because I don’t ever remember the name of the actors) BUT, it was about a man who finds God and goes to Africa and builds and orphanage for the kids that lost their parents in the war that was/is going on (dealing with Kony I believe). It was based on a true story (which always interest me) anyways….

I think that “we” as in Myself, you, and everyone else in America.. need to hush down about our life and how much it sucks. How dare “I” complain about anything when kids, families, people are dealing with CRAP like others deal with not in America. So what if gas prices are going up? Really? Is that who we as America are? (unfortunately, yes we are) So the government is messed up, it screws us bad in unfair situations. SOME EXAMPLES for ME

*** Z and I waiting until we were financially stable for me to go to school. We waiting until Mady was older and we were settled.. Then we decided it was time for me to work hard at my future and to school I went. I do not get the “PELL GRANT” because Z makes to much money. Just because he brings home a certain amount does not mean we have that amount in our pocket to spend.  If we were not married, he didn’t work hard (and we were not blessed with his pay checks) then the government would pay me to go to school. If we had decided for me to go to school when life was unbalanced, I wouldn’t have to pay out of pocket for me to better my life. UNFAIR?  YES

*** how dare I complain (which I actually don’t do often because it is what it is) but how dare I complain about being able to go to school. Tons of people (in the USA also) don’t have a chance AT ALL to learn or work towards doing what they want to do with their life.

*** Prime example, is it unfair and messed up that the lady across from my old duplex wasn’t working, (neither did her husband) and she had like 8 kids (living in a 2 bedroom home, which is actually illegal for renting unless it is a private owner in which this case it was not) and she got who knows how much in food stamps, free healthcare 100%, and didn’t have to work towards nothing except putting her lawn chair in the front yard while her kids ran around crazy.. in the mean time, I am kicked off tenncare because Z and I are married, and he works at a place that offers health insurance (at 600 a check for family) so we can’t afford that plan so I go without health insurance. for 2 years.. is that fair? NO WAY

*** how dare I complain about that.. I am lucky to even have a doctor or hospital in driving distance. Some people do not have healthcare offered regardless because no one is there with the education to be able to help fix/cure/treat whatever is going on.

What about complain because the heat/air conditioning bill is too high?

Really? I mean, at least I have to option to turn my heat or air on.

 

My point? This is America.. we are ALL money hungry.. the government, workplace, judicial system, educators, and honestly even friends or family will screw us over somehow at some point (not my family.. but some families).. If you live in America, just expect it. Expect the gas to reach $5 before the next 5 years. Expect taxes to come out of your hard earned money, Expect it all.. Anything and everything.. Also, respect and appreciate the complains you have. Turn the complaints into thanks. Thank you for allowing me to turn my air on when it is 100 degrees outside. Thank you for the job I have so I can at least attempt to pay the bill for turning the air on when it is 100 degrees outside.

Although it could be “better” in many ways.. in so many more ways it could be worse. WAY WORSE.. can’t even wrap my head around how worse it could be.

“We” as in myself, you, and America.. “we” are selfish. Very selfish. Its crazy when I think about it. It is crazy the things I complain about, or get caught up in. My Fall resolution?! To stop and think and turn my complaints into THANKS

So Lord.. Thank you for America. Thank you for the freedom to voice my opinion. Thank you for the computer that I am typing my opinion on. Thank you for the money that I pay for the computer that allows me to type my opinion on. Thank you for America

Really people? do we have to be that selfish? I THINK NOT

No comments:

Post a Comment