Friday, October 1, 2010

Pumpkin Fun

After 24 years, I can officially say I have now carved a pumpkin! I know, it took 24 years to do so... It was long over due, but I had no idea how much I would love it! Our day started with Madyson and I meeting up with Paxston and Sonja (Pax Aunt). We met at the Pumpkin Place on Access Rd. Madyson was exuberant (her new word) to be picking out a pumpkin to take home. I didn't realize how many different types and shapes of pumpkins there are!
I loved how they had a little area set up with hay. Great for picture taking! (and Pax couldn't run from us in there)
These, of course, were Madyson's favorite. I think they look like a duck. Needless to say they didn't make it home with us.

I love this picture!!
Here are a few more pictures from our Pumpkin Picking Adventure



After we loaded up all 8 pumpkins. (I know, we went a little over bord). We headed back to Kristen's house to play and wait on Kristen to get home so we could start carving the pumpkins!
I didn't realize until it was too late that I had the camera on the wrong settings. Please excuse the not so great quality. 
After Kristen got home, we moved to the back yard. First change clothes, then get all the pumpkins, then the pumpkin carving stuff, bug spray, and the little girls. Like I said, I have never carved a pumpkin and neither had Kristen. Sonja had to teach us how to do it. I thought this was a great activity to do with the little girls, but they really weren't into it. They were patient and sat outside with us while we carved but that's about all. I tried to get Mady so stick her hands in the pumpkin gunk, but that wasn't happening. I should have known it was too messy for her. She did however like to stick a spoon in the pumpkin and get the gunk out. That only lasted for about 30 seconds though. Out of our 3 pumpkins, only 1 got carved. I am pretty proud of it though! I can't wait to do the other 2!!


We got Pax to stick her hand it in once! 
This was my pumpkin! Can you tell what it is? 

Our day ended with a little bit of pumpkin gunk everywhere


No comments:

Post a Comment