Thursday, October 7, 2010

New Recipe.. Tilapia Scampi...


I try to cook at least 1 new recipe a week. That doesn't always happen, but this week it did! I am not a big fan of fish. We actually I don't like any fish. I know that it is healthy, and so badly want to like it. I try it but something about that fish taste. UCK. If I drown the fish in lemon.. and I mean DROWN it, then I can make myself eat it. Well last night I decided to cook Tilapia Scampi. I figured, heck I love Shrimp Scampi. Lets give it a go.

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 8 cloves garlic, halved
  • 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets, rinsed and patted dry
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley

Directions

Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C); prepare a baking dish with cooking spray.
Combine the butter, lemon juice, and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave in 10-second increments until the butter is completely melted and the garlic has softened, stirring between each session, about 1 minute total.
Arrange the tilapia in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; pour the butter mixture over the fillets assuring they are all evenly covered. Sprinkle the parsley over the tilapia.
Bake in the preheated oven, turning the fillets every 10 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 40 minutes total.
It was very easy to make. I tweaked the scampi sauce some. I added oil, parsley, and Parmesan cheese.I also used minced garlic and not cloves because I hate cooking with cloves. Then after 20 mins, I poured more scampi in the pan. I do have to say, fish is hard to cook. Every time I flipped it, it would break. I added some bow tie pasta to the plate, poured some scampi on the pasta. IT WAS DELICIOUS! Seriously, I did have to add some lemon, but I ate it. All of it! Zak loved it too. He said it is the best new recipe I have cooked! This one is a keeper! YUMMY!
This was before I added the Pasta. The black things on the fish were burnt garlic(minced) It was soo good on top of the fish. You don't have to put it on the fish but Zak and I like burntness. 




No comments:

Post a Comment