Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Project Life

I have jumped on the band wagon and joined the millions of people who do project life. (there are many many websites that you can purchase your kit from.. you can even create your own things on the computer with the many many templates that are out there)

What is project life? - it is scrapbooking BUT simple. Although I have always loved the small details on each scrap book page on a well put together scrap book. Who has time for that? I sure don't. This is simple, easy, and cute!

What can project life become? - from journaling to just a photo album, the possiblilities are endless! It can be a daily thing, weekly thing, or just monthly. It is all up to you and how you want to do each page.


MY PROJECT LIFE - mainly about my Chica. I will have some things having to do with friends but the majority will be my little family of 3 (plus Murfy) and our day to day life.

how am I doing it? - well, considering I am new to this, I have no idea what will work best but for now, this is what I have going on  (pictures coming soon) I have made my own calender pages with a section for notes. (you could easily use a pocket calender) I write down things she says and does on the notes section. On the day section I am just putting one or two things we did that day. I also have an app called Collect that is a calender where I put a picture a day. This has made it super easy to back track to January 1. that is where my PL book is going to start. Between instagram, the collect app, and my journaling.. it is pretty easy to keep up with things.

what are my page details? each page has precut slots for you to put pictures, journaling, or cute little cards in. I will have a journal card for each week.. I have also designed a card myself called   "and so She Says.."   each book opening (page on left and page on right) will represent a week. Each week will include an "and so She Says.." card. Also, each week will include a card of words from her. I will probably stick with asking her what the best part of the week was and let her write it down since I am obbessed with her handwriting. This should get her excited and be a great way to include her in helping with it.

 
 


Since she loves taking photos, I may have a slot for her to put her pictures.

If I find that there are not enough slots in the 2 pages for my stuff and hers, I may purchase the smaller version and her her make her own PL. We will see how it goes and how interested she becomes in this.
where do I get my ideas? this was the hardest part. Well, not the ideas but getting the first page started. I felt stuck/blank/confused. So of course I Pinterested it.. BOY did that fix my stuck situation.

how will I print my pictures? I am going to print my pictures at home. If I find that the ink runs out real quick, I will print them somewhere else. Right now I am currently sorting some photos. My mac already sorts by days, and I have always stored my pictures on my desk top by months. Now, to find the pictures I want to use. AHH there are so many!! I will also be taking advantage of the shutterfly free 101 prints I get pretty regularly. The problem is they are not the right size, but I will figure out something.

Have you joined the Project Lifers? If not, I highly suggest you at least look into it. I am very excited and would love to see/hear your ideas!!




2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures!!! I just got my stuff yesterday and have finished 2 pages! Whoo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go You!! I have not "finished" any pages.. waiting on prints, but I have things organized so yay!! I can't wait to see your pages!!

    ReplyDelete