Monday, March 11, 2013

Proud

PROUD:
feeling pleasure or satisfaction over something regarded as highly honorable or creditable to oneself(often followed by of,  an infinitive, or a clause).


As most of you know, I have been in a situation for the past year as of where to send my Chica to school? Last year I stressed out over the issue until I decided to just not decide. The school Z and I decided on felt right for the moment. Those close to me know I am not 100% happy with the school anymore. I have said it before and I have to say it again, it has nothing to do with her teacher. Her teacher is by far one of the best teachers she has had in the 3 years of going to school. They have a wonderful relationship and I know that she will always hold a very special place in my Chica's heart. But, The school is not what I am wanting for my Chica's future. I do not regret sending her there, she has come back with so much knowledge about God, the Bible, and had made some wonderful friends. That is kind of what I decided this year would be about anyways. 

Some how or another, a year passed and it is that time again. The time where I have to stress over where to send her. I do know I don't want her at her current school. I do not know where I want her. Well, actually I know exactly where I want her BUT to be honest.. it is expensive. The most expensive elementary school in this area I think. While I feel as though education is worth all money (especially when you have a child that will benefit from the education you are paying for and you know she will succeed in the things that a school has to offer, when you have a child and you know that the school is everything she needs) it isn't always worth it if that means your years will be spent penny pinching and she can not enjoy leisure activities such as dance or whatever it is she wants to do. It comes down to the finances unfortunately. (we are waiting on financial aide right now)

ANYWAYS, back to being PROUD!!

Like I said I do not know where she will end up for elementary school but I do know one thing... She is amazing. Amazingly smart.  So the school I want her in.. the crazy expensive school, we went ahead and did the assessment last week to see if she could get in. I was nervous.. nervous that she would be shy and not show just how amazingly smart she is. 

She went to spend a few hours in a Kindergarden class to be observed with classmates, then she was pulled out for 30 mins for a one on one assessment. They did yoga, snack, read, and went to woodshop.. (yes, the school has woodshop.. she got to sand wood, drill a hole, and put a spindle in the moon to hold it up on a block)

SHE GOT IN

SHE GOT IN

SHE GOT IN

this did not surprise me based on the fact that she is amazing.. amazingly smart. BUT to actually hear the words, to hear that she got into a school that isn't easy to get into. Oh My PROUDNESS!! Really.. I couldn't be more proud of her. 

They said
"I just wanted to call and tell you personally that M had a wonderful assessment. She is very smart. She surpassed all of our test and is definitely above the kindergarden level. It would be our honor to have her as a student at our school. She is exactly what we are looking for. Her manners, demeanor, and knowledge is what we want in our students and we feel like she would be perfect for us"  

There was a ton more said but that give you an idea of how her visit went. 

I take full credit (along with my amazing husband and family and friends that have helped us nourish her brain, teach her how to treat others, and loved her immensely) BUT I also give her full credit. She did it on her own. She did exactly what she knew to do which was be amazing. I could not ask for a better child. I couldn't be any more lucky to have such a respectful, sweet, loving, smart, beautiful, child. SHE IS PROUD OF HERSELF


So, I am now asking you to pray for us. I need guidance as to what the right decision is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment