Saturday, March 2, 2013

and so she says

Simply said, my child is awesome!


At 5 and a half years old.. she knows how to read (when she wants to) she can add and subtract numbers under 20. (and add numbers such as 30, 40, 50, so on) and she also knows things such as what a right angle looks like. All that on top of all the science stuff, grammar stuff, and just plain knowledge of things. But this is not about how awesomely smart my child is.. this is another


"and so she says"



like I said, she knows how to add 2 digits whole numbers. So when we got to 60 + 60, she so confidently says "twelvety"   You know, because 40 + 40 is eighty and 30 + 30 is sixty. So, logically 60 + 60 is twelvty.


______________________________________________________________________________

I am sitting on my computer looking at what to cook for dinner. Considering I don't feel great and I already had soup.  Chica is sitting right next to me waiting to get back on the lap top to play her game when she looks at me with great interest in what I am doing and says..

Mady- "what did you google up"
Me- google up?
Mady- "yea"
me- oh, what did I look up?
Mady- "no Mom, you are on google"

Yea, I love her brain. It is pretty much is my favorite thing about her

______________________________________________________________________________

Tonight, Zak passed down a family recipe. The famous orange freeze. Mady is sitting at the kitchen island helping Zak make one and she puts her arm down on the counter. Then I hear her say

"dag nab it"

Zak and I burst into laughter. Did she really just say dag nab it? Zak looks at me and ask where she learned that. My mom, I answer quickly. I have grown up hearing that all my life. I knew exactly where she got it. She said it like she has said it 100 times (except it is the only time I have heard her say it)


______________________________________________________________________________

This is a quick little story:

You know, when kids of little.. we as parents tell the little lies to end a conversation, make our point, or avoid certain topics? I am guilty of it. I just didn't realize there would be moments I get called out or it bites me in the you know where.  Anyways, as you know, Mady just got her hair cut last week. She cut 12 inches off. When we got home I was showing my sister how cute she was with short hair and i noticed that there was a long piece in the front that was missed. Of course I (without thinking anything of it) go grab succors to fix it. Then, before I knew what was happening, Mady was yelling and crying and holding her hair with a death grip. She started telling me if I cut it with scissors that were not hair scissors, her hair would not grow back.

This sounds exactly like something i would say to her when she was little so she wouldn't grab her long pretty hair and cut it herself.




No comments:

Post a Comment