Monday, February 18, 2013

Closer to Ten




You are 5 and a HALF now and it is crazy to think that you are closer to being 10 than you are to the day you were born. Only 6 months closer but still. It makes my heart jump in excitement for what the next few years will bring but also makes my heart cringe in pain thinking how I can no longer say I have a little one. You, my child, are not little anymore.

So what's been going on in your life for the past few months? Lets start off with the big events then follow with a few minor details (which are just as important)

You lost your first tooth about 2 months ago (the end of December). You were amazing when it came to pulling it out. I figured you would be all "normal" about it and cry or worry. Ok, you did worry. You were afraid you wouldn't be able to eat without a tooth. You actually didn't sleep good the first night thinking about having a hole in your mouth. Luckily for you, your permanent tooth started coming in before you lost your baby tooth. Here it is 2 months later and your tooth is over half way done growing.

You had your first riding lesson. It sure was amazing to see you sitting on the huge horse leading your way in and out or the blocks lined up in the arena. You looked like a (nervous) little pro sitting up there with your helmet on, pulling back to stop the horse or squeezing your legs tight to make her go. I can't wait to see you ride during the next 3 lessons.

You were chosen as Home Coming Princess by your class along with your best prince Eli. You walked down in your beautiful dress, holding the crown for the soon to be announced queen, with your hair down and your dress just sparkling in the dim lights. Stunning my child, you are simply stunning!

You had your second haircut except this time, it wasn't just 7.5 inches. You cut off over 12 inches! So, you now have short hair for the first time since your were 2 years old. You look amazing by the way. I do miss your long hair. I miss the stares of people in public as they gazed in jealousy that you were able to have golden locks to your butt. BUT, I love the new look. I feel like you are a different person. Well, maybe not a different person, you just seem older. I just stare at you in disbelief that you are so amazingly beautiful. Honestly, from the day you were born, I have stared at you like that. In awe that something so beautiful on the inside and out can belong to me.

You climbed a tree for the first time a few weeks ago. You didn't climb high but you did climb it.



You fed baby Char for the first time. It isn't the first time you fed a baby becuase you use to feed Pax when she was little but you were only 1 years old. Does that really count? I don't even think you understand Pax was real. Char though, you know she is real. You didn't just feed her one time.. I am pretty sure you fed her 5 times! This is a huge deal considering when she was first born (3 months ago today) you were scared to hold her.





You now chew gum. Up until about a week ago, you did not like gum. I don't like gum so there was never any pressure but that has now changed. You change gum about ever 10 seconds saying that it "lost it's flavor" but you chew it. I think you had gum in your mouth for about an hour the other day. We are now working on blowing bubbles with the gum. It might take a while since you don't seem to grasp the concept very well.



A few smaller things that I want to note in here is how big you have been acting. {yes, you have your "normal" moments of crying, whining, stomping your foot, attitude, and a little bit of back talking} All in all though, I have been impressed. Saying Yes Mam, doing as you are asked, cleaning your room, even making mine and dads bed randomly.



So she says..
The past 2 weeks you have been on a roll with words.
Asking dad "which one do you prefer"
telling me "that is a very interesting thought Mom"


To sum all this up, at 5 and a half.. you are astonishing, wonderful, and full of change. Growing up right in front of my eyes. I want you to know that I notice it. I see it all. I am aware. I am not letting all this pass by without paying attention. I savor the moments of you being little (as you crawl into my lap in the morings, lay your head on my shoulder, and sit in peace and comfort) but these moments of you growing, they are surprising and enjoyable (90% of the time). I can not wait to see where you are in life, who you are turning into, and experience more firsts/new over the next 6 months.





No comments:

Post a Comment