Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tomorrow is an exciting big day..



BIG NEWS

Chica has her first riding lesson tomorrow.

AS IN RIDING A HORSE..

N&G gave her them for her birthday. The first one is tomorrow afternoon. Exciting you say? Yes, I agree.. want to know how I really feel when she isn't around?


I am nervous.

Ok, I am scared, terrified, anxious, and whatever else you can come up with. I am excited for her because I know she will love it but as for me. I did not grow up around horses. I grew up around fish.. fishing, ocean, sand, boats, even the occasional alligator.

HORSES? yea, not so much.  Look at them, think about them, they are big.. really big.. and pretty much freak me out when I am close to them. I don't really pet them. I just watch them in awe of their beauty as they run far far away from me in the field surrounded by a fence. When we do have the chance to approach one.. we as in me standing there holding Chica's hand as she excitedly points at the approaching horse. I don't let her know I am freaked out. I take her up to them, she pets them.. I may give them a little pet or a pat. The entire time thinking.. please don't get spooked, please to eat my hand/hair/face/child, please don't make any sudden move that is going to make me feel like you are about to turn around and kick me in the gut/face/child. She honestly has no idea what so ever that I feel this way. If you ask her we (as in her, myself, and dad) love horses. When she ask me if I like them I always say of course. When she says she wants one, I always say me too. When she ask if I will take her to pet them or to ride the pony at whatever event we are at with a pony, I say absolutely.

I am pretty sure I am the only one I know that doesn't trust these big huge creatures. I have been horse back riding.. well, I have been Trail Riding. one time for sure.. maybe two times. It was ok. It was pretty neat riding on the back of a huge horse, alone, following other horses, while they stopped to poop or eat some plants on the trail. The scenery was great as well. I would, for sure, do it again.

So, with all this said.. I am very very very excited for her. She is going to be fine, she is going to love it, and I can not wait to see her eye light up when she is on the horse.. the really huge horse.. Thankfully, N&G are going with us. THANKGOODNESS.. they love horses.. heck, they owned horses.

So wish me luck for tomorrow. I know it is going to be wonderful. I am not worried about it. Just a little freaked out. I guess that's what being a mom is all about though. Hiding and pretending something is awesome when in reality you would run the complete opposite way without looking back.

side note: I knew she was getting this for her birthday. N&G asked me if I was ok with it and if Chica would like it. My answer came without hesitation.. yes yes yes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment