Sunday, February 17, 2013

12 inches later



If you know my child, myself, or anyone that is close to our family.. you know how long my child's hair is. She has only had 1 hair cut since the day she was born. Her first hair cut was in March 2012 and we cut off 7.5 inches. Within months, it had grown back. 

I love her long beautiful blonde hair. I envy how amazing it looks on her. I love the french braids, high pig tails, and how shiny it is when she wears it down. With all good and amazing things come sacrifice. We (Mady and myself) have sacrificed mainly time. Do you realize how long it takes to brush out tangles after sleeping on hair that is down to your booty? Do you realize how long it takes to blow dry hair when you get out of the tub and your hair has soaked up all water possible into each and every strand. Do you realize how long it takes to french braid pig tails on hair that sits on top of a 5 year olds head and drapes down her back. Washing it, the amount of shampoo and conditioner.. if your running late, throwing it up in a pony is never really throwing it up in a pony.. getting ready for ballet takes twice as long as most girls.. the static in the winter, oh my goodness the static in the winter.. it getting caught in buttons from shirts.. Honestly, the list goes on and on. 

Things are different now. We knew it would happen soon. I knew I wanted to cut it. I put it off, put if off, put if off.. Until 2.15.13. I told GrannyLu (LuLu has a new name!) to make the call, see if they had an appointment, and lets go for it. Little did I really think there would be an appointment for that day. 


That brings us to her appointment. I was nervous. SHE was nervous. Our stomachs in knots. I knew she would be cute, I knew it would be ok, I just wasn't sure she (or myself) would love it or regret it. As I watched her getting it cut, I saw the look (the look I have seen so many times) of nerves getting the best of her. The look of I may break down into tears at any moment now. She held it together though. (As well as myself) and chop chop went the scissors. The hair stylist that cut her hair has pretty long hair herself. I mean, super duper extra long hair. Which is one important factor since she knows, understands, and loves long hair like we do. (pretty sure she was just as nervous) I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story.











Her hair was separated into 4 different sections

FIRST CUT

The look says it all






Like I said, she has a ton of hair












No comments:

Post a Comment