Thursday, December 27, 2012

She lost her first tooth

As babies turn into kids.. the amount of "firsts" start to dwindle. You realize how important each "first" really was. Today, I was able to experience the excitement of a first.

Chica lost her FIRST TOOTH! 


I knew it was going to happen soon. Her tooth became loose about a month ago. Shortly after up sprouted her new tooth behind it. Not only did this excite me as her mom.. but I am in the Dental Field, so my perspective was a little more awesome.

To keep this short I wont go into all the details that happen before the tooth came out. (such as this Lady looking at me like I was crazy while I stood in line with her at Target talking about her new tooth being succedaneous- which means it replaces a baby tooth) things like that, we can skip {for now}


Notice the tooth behind the tooth?!  



Todays details though, get ready for them!!

The little tooth was pretty loose this morning. I knew it would be a matter of time before it would be laying flat or dangling by a root (or thread, Mom) I tried to get her to pull it out but with the tooth behind it, she couldn't get a good grasp on the little tooth. She twisted and pulled and wiggled but nothing. I am pretty sure she wasn't pulling it very hard but I let it all go. I mean, it is HER tooth.. and it is the FIRST tooth. So her being nervous wasn't a surprise.

Every once in a while she would walk up to me, eyes wide open, holding her lip down, and say "I made it more loose!" or "I can stick my tounge under it!"

Right before bed, she walked up to be again and said "It lays like flat down"

That is when I knew, it's coming out tonight!

So, I stuck her up on the counter and she wiggled it some more. She pulled it and twisted it all while grinning at me with excitment. I asked her if she wanted me to twist it a little and to my surprise she said yes. So, I grabed the little tooth and kind of twisted it and pulled it. OUT IT CAME. Sooo easy. She squeezed my finger and made a small ouch sound. I yelled ITS OUT!!

I was so excited I pulled her tooth! It was awesome!

She did great until she saw the blood. I think it was a little bit of nervousness and emotion all overwhelming her. I really don't think it was the "blood" that freaked her out. She did start to cry about 3 mins after the tooth was out but, tears didn't last long and she swished her mouth out with water.

Thanks to Kayla, we had a tooth book/light/pillow/chart all ready. Tooth is currently in the pouch thing and she is fast asleep. Funny thing: if you know my chica, she gets a little nervous {as she says} about new things, the unknown freaks her out a little. The most nervous/freak out moment was going to bed. For some reason.. for some weird reason.. she was freaked out about going to bed with a hole in her mouth. Remember, she has had a tooth coming in behind it for some while so it isn't actually a hole.

Well, there is the story of her first loose tooth. Of course I have it all documented with photos. Off to bed I go so the tooth fairy can visit!








1 comment: