Sunday, July 10, 2011

Closet room turned Craft Room.. D.I.M

D.I.M = Did It Myself!!

Right before I went on vacation (which was amazing by the way) I got a kick in me saying that I needed a change. A change to my house. Well, thats just what I did! I turned the 3rd bedroom..aka.. my closet room.. into a Craft Room. It is now time for the big reveal.  Mind you that this is just mid way done. Details are still needed and a few major things are going to be done.. You will get the idea though!!  


Before it was used for my closet and computer room. You know for blogging and throwing my clothes on the futon..I actually spent a lot of time in this room. Notice the details because they are about to change..




Ok, Moving on.. Time to clean out the room...



So where did all the stuff go you ask?

To Mady's room (since she was gone for the week) If she would have known her room looked like this, Little miss... "I have to clean my room before bed" girl would NOT have been happy!
Top closet looks pretty stuffed but it is all organized



After everything was out, it was time for the carpet removal.. I knew there was hardwood underneath all of the carpet in our house, but I had no idea what kind of shape it would be in..



WHY??  Why would someone paint random spots on perfectly great hardwood. I don't understand.. Now I have to figure out what to do. Any Ideas?


Hundreds of nails I had to pull out of the hardwood. It made me rethink doing the living room! 



Desk building time.. And he has some skills!




Desk up.. now for paint

Thank you Josh Longbrook with NorthStarSoulutions! He is my nephew and does great paint jobs. Check out his website for everything he offers. Tree removal, paint in and outside, construction jobs such as decks!



I stained the desk black. Right now it is just stained but we are going to pour this clear stuff on it, I forgot what it is called, that will not only make it smooth but clean off easy too.


Now small details..


This cost me $3. It is eye burners and a candle holder from the $ store. I ended up buying a nice one with baskets for my side of the desk but this works perfect for Madyson's stuff. Yo will see it on the desk in the revealing pictures.




Above, the cabinet will not have the doors and I will be adding the roman shade. Click here for the details that I got my ideas from and still have to finish up in the room.

Below is just cute paper from the dollar store. I want to say there is 40 in each pack.


Notice above the pull our for the keyboard. We took that off the old desk. I need to paint it but Ill get to that later this week..  Also, I am not showing the other sides of the room since they are not done. You only get the reveal of the desk wall..  Floors are not finished, cabinet is not finished, storage under desk is not finished, and other small details are not finished. BUT.. it is use able.. and a huge difference! The sign above the window says, I love you to the moon and back. That is what Mady and I say to each other!




By the way, I am in LOVE with it!












No comments:

Post a Comment