Monday, July 11, 2011

The Good, Bad, & Thankfulness

I have been on vacation since June 30th. At the beach might I add and I did not have the time or desire to do my weekly blog. So although it is Monday, this is for last week



The Good
This is super easy. The good is I spent an entire week with my husband and my chica at the beach. Eating seafood, swimming, making sand castles, and watching fireworks was our daily routine. One really good thing is that I got to spend some time with my Grandparents. Even though I have not spoken to my dad or heard from him at all in over 8 years, his parents mean the world to me! I was such a pleasure being around them and watching them with their great granddaughter. My Gigi (Grandpa) enjoys Zak so much, I think he is the grandson he never had. I will miss the seafood, swimming, sand castles, and fireworks.. but most o all I will miss my Meemaw and Gigi.  Everything about the past week was good!


The Bad
Let me start off by saying I have been waiting a year... an entire year.. to go to Florida for a few reasons. One being for the seafood. We have Red lobster here but that is it. When I am asked what I want for dinner, the answer is always seafood. In TN seafood is expensive. (It is expensive in FL too) So getting to the bad.. I ate. I ate fried, greasy, fatty, calorie filled, extra cheesy, and anything in between! I ate like it didn't matter. I ate knowing all the hard work I have done since April could be thrown our the window. I didn't care. THAT is bad. Good news, I didn't gain ANY weight!

The Thankfulness
I am so thankful for the fact that I have such a wonderful family. My mom is amazing to Me, Zak, and Mady. The time she spends with us and puts into our family. I love her for! My husband got to take a well deserved 9 day vacation with us and I can not even begin to say how thankful I am for that! My grandparents are still going strong! Fishing, shopping, and being their normal funny life filled self's. I am thankful I am able to see them for at least a week out of every summer. I am thankful for such a wonderful little chica. She is such a pleasure and fills my heart with such pure happiness.

Mainly, I am just thankful for my life, family, and friends. I am so thankful for the amazing vacation I just had! I am thankful for St Augustine Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment