Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Small girl with a big heart

How can such a small girl have such a big heart? Madyson and I cleaned out her room today. Getting ready for Christmas. I told her that it was time to go through her toys. I came up with this idea that we would leave all her old unwanted toys in a bag next to the tree for santa to take to other boys and girls. THIS WAS A HUGE SUCCESS! It blew me away how giving and thoughtfull she was. We went through everything! Stuffed animals, babies, kitchen stuff, books, barbies, and everything in-between! Like I said, she was amazingly thoughtful. Even though it took us almost 3 hours (since she also wanted to be silly and she is moves at a slower pace than I was wanting) it was important for me to have her decide on each and everything she gave away. The picture above is a tub full of toys and books. The bag is full of stuffed animals, and we ended up with a second bag of toys also. All things she decided to give away her self. I didnt have to push her but on a few books and one stuffed animal. AMAZING. The spirit of giving can come so heartfelt and unquestioned by a 3 year old. This makes me so proud, greatful, and in awe! She is so excited to leave Santa the toys. She kept saying "I know another baby would love this" ::: heart melts::: I started cleaning out before Christmas when she had her 1st Christmas. Mainly to make room for new things... Mady has truly changed the reason for cleaning out. TO GIVE..Funny how the spirit of Christmas can shine through a child how has only been on this earth for 3 years. I am so thankful for being so blessed to have such a small little girl with such a big heart!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment