Saturday, December 11, 2010

14 days left.. ARE YOU FOR REAL?

As I was driving to work today I noticed a billboard. 14 days till Christmas if flashed. 14 DAYS!! Oh My GOSH! I have my tree up thank goodness. I have at least 90% of my presents, thank goodness BUT, I do not have any decorations up! I was ready to decorate 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. 2 WEEKS BEFORE!! My husband told me no. It is too early. You just put out fall decor. So I agreed.. The week of Thanksgiving though, I am going to decorate. Well that week, not only was it Thanksgiving, it was my birthday, my husbands birthday (yes.. I am 3 days older than him) and our trip to Gatlinburg. Now it is the 11th of December.. and according to the billboard, I only have 14 days until Christmas.

I love Love LOVE Christmas decorations.. it is my favorite. But, I now find myself wondering if it is too late to decorate. The mess I will make with the boxes glitter, and lights, only to have to take it back down in less than a month. How could I not decorate.. I mean, it is Christmas.. but, with only 14 days left.. is it really needed? Will it matter? My tree is beautiful. Right in the middle of my living room. Right at the front window. This tree.. This beautiful tree, makes me feel like my entire house is already decorated. Is this tree enough? Not to mention the HUGE advent calender my mom made for Madyson. It is hanging down my entire hall way. Only 2 Christmas decorations up and it feels like Christmas.. How?!

OK.. I now have decided instead of always buying Christmas decor, I am going to just get WINTER decor. So, in the future, if life is too busy like this year.. which I am sure it will be because each year life gets more busy, I can just decorate (even with 14 days left) and leave up the decorations until spring. That is a good idea right? Yes, it is a good idea. But now, back to Christmas.. Should I decorate?  I think I will go home and ask my 3 year old. See what she says. When all else fails.. and you can't come up with a plan, just let a 3 year old plan it for you! Ill post pics if we decorate this year..

No comments:

Post a Comment